Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage roof.

Options
  • 11-01-2007 1:19am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a 25sqm shed (ahhmm) at the bottom of my garden.
    About 24 foot by 14 foot -approx and have single skin box profile cladding on it, at a slight tilit.

So,
    I want to change this to an apex roof and get rid of my wife's compost and the bbq and chairs etc etc. All into the new attic space.
    The builder doing my ext said to extend the roof out the front of the shed to give more space above , like putting a veranda out the front to the shed !!

Am going to take off roof and put down 7" joists and then sheets of ply.
    Will need approx 7 sheets 20foot long (cut in half to do front & back or 14 * 10foot to do same.)
    What type of cladding is best here and what costs are involved, where to get them. I want to go with double skin as the previous single skin is terrible for condensation etc.

any tips on this idea ?
    do kingspan do seconds at the factory ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Kingspan dont do seconds at the factory. You can use a built up system of a liner sheet with spacer bars and rockwool or moy insulation and a finish sheet.
    That would be a typical tegral system. You could also contact some of the structural steel companies and see if they have any left over from jobs, or from sheds they replaced.

Advertisement