Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoring HKLM Run

• 11-01-2007 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hi

I installed this program called localcooling that allowed me to fine tune my power usage.. but it caused issues due to the way my machine is setup (it had probs with multiple drives) and i uninstalled it..

Now any of my normal startup programs dont startup on startup :P

Ok.. Things like gmail notifier, du meter and ipoint.exe dont start automatically like they used to so this is kinda annoying me at this stage...

Can anyone give me pointers on how to make this run again. I checked the registry and they are in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the Run branch as expected but they dont run... Am I missing something here?

Any suggestions gratefully recieved

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Start->Run->msconfig.exe and the Startup tab perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Nope tried that

Seems its more the HKEY_CURRENT_USER thats not running rather than startup

Tho it seems to be selective

Skype loads .. even tho its HKCU as does Messenger .. seens to be just Gmail notifier and Du Meter

So i will just reinstall them and see what happens

Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

think the setting your looking for is in gpedit.mce

think its called run "legacy startup list", maybe someone will add to this, if not, i'll add more when i get a pc with admin rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

THere are no restrictions in place... i just reran the installers for the affected software and they work again.,.. strange tho

Seems to be back working now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'd recommend a system restore instead of poking about in the registry

• Advertisement
Advertisement