Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five Good Things To Do With...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Actually come to think of it you can use them in chinese lemon chicken - mix your egg whites with a tsp of cornflour (1 tsp per eggwhite). Coat chopped chicken pieces in the eggwhite and flour - best if you immerse them and leave them in the fridge for an hour - then fry in a very hot wok to seal and brown. (Cut the chicken fine so it cooks quickly.)

I'd then remove them from the pan, and make up a sauce with chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar, chili and lemon juice to taste. Deglaze the pan with the sauce and allow to simmer. Stir in a tsp of cornflour and water paste to thicken. Then add the chicken to finish cooking.

Serve with rice noodles and cucumber batons and a wedge of lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Five things to do with tinned tuna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Five things to do with tinned tuna?

1. Eat from tin with fork ;)

2. Tuna Melt with loadsa cheese.

3. Pasta Bake

4. Flake into a Salad and drop a poached egg on top

5. Make chowder

As an alternative to number one you could try to make Fish Cakes.

Regards,

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Tuna Chowder???? Ugh!

Skip that - make a 3 bean salad with assorted herbs, olive oil, lemon and garlic and whack it in there.

Dried Figs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

hmmmm...

Use them to stuff meat. Try butterflying a half shoulder of lamb, and making up a stuffing of brown rice, dried figs and moroccan spices (I'd add dried apricots, cumin, tumeric, some ground nutmeg) - you could also add almonds and sultanas. When I do things like this I try and get the meat as flat as possibe, so I can season it, lay the stuffing on it and then roll it and tie it with string before putting it in the oven to roast.

Can't think of much else - 'cept have them with yer porridge. :)

Might put them in the porridge all right. They just caught me eye in the shop (doesn't usually happen) so now I'd like something worthwhile to do with them.

Advertisement