Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault - Changing radio?

Options
  • 11-01-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has changed the stereo in a renault, and is it possible to still use the controls at the steering wheel?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

zeppedy wrote:
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has changed the stereo in a renault, and is it possible to still use the controls at the steering wheel?

Thanks

if you said what model and year it would help:D

i have change radio in peugeut 306 '96 and no the control didnt work. it was a cheap maplin one. AFAIK you need to buy a radio with a remote capability and then a loom that will connect the steering remote to the radio but i dont know what ones have this capability. if you are upgrading to add a cd player then try sourcing a newer model reanault radio which should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Funny i was going to ask the same question. I recently got a 2002 Scenic and would like to change the stereo sometime to an MP3 cd player.
    My question was not about the controls, i have heard you can get a converter to do that. The problem is the Renaults (and i have had 2 clios in the past!) all have an inbuilt stereo that is part of the dashboard. Its not a single unit you can just take out! If i took off that whole panel i would have a massive open space around it with no panel to hide whatever is behind it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zeppedy

JoeySully wrote:
    if you said what model and year it would help:D

You're quite right - it would! Ren Laguna - '03.

From what I can see its an easier job removing the radio from a Laguna rather than a Clio. I'm not sure if there is some adapter you can get to enable the new stereo work with the controls - would be very interested if anyone knows more on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you need summit like this :) there are other there that will prob be the right one for you car but ill leave the fine tune search up to you

Of course you have to buy the radio as well
    http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Alpine-KWE-845E-KCE845E-Renault-connector_pageJJ2ZZproductJJ2560ZZcategoryJJ/ACCESSORIES/RENAULT/

BUT
    Zone 5 - Ireland (Republic of). We only accept sterling cheque payment for this zone.. Zone 5 - £22.50 at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've a Megane and changed my headunit to a Pioneer DEH-P80MP and bought a Pioneer steering control adapter also.
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/38/301/RC-HW%20/index.html

Advertisement