Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price For Car Tyres

Options
  • 11-01-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

What do you all make if this? My OH needed new tyres on her car(Yaris) so brought it into Advance. They charged her €70 per new tyre which isn't too bad but they also charged her €50 for wheel balancing. This doesn't sound right to me as I would have thought that this should be done as part of the installation of the new tyres.

Would all consider this €50 charge to be normal enough or were they ripping her off?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wheel balancing and the cost of a new valve is usually included in the fitting price, but is usually quoted separately on the receipt as it is a different VAT rate than the tyres themselves. €5 is more like it, not €50!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What size and make were the tyres? Last I got done were 195/60/15 Bridgestone and cost was €80 per tyre including balancing and fitting. That was a few months ago. Prices can vary depending on where you buy them though but I've never seen balancing and fitting not quoted with the tyre price as it's pretty useless to get the tyre on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

nc6000 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

What do you all make if this? My OH needed new tyres on her car(Yaris) so brought it into Advance. They charged her €70 per new tyre which isn't too bad but they also charged her €50 for wheel balancing. This doesn't sound right to me as I would have thought that this should be done as part of the installation of the new tyres.

Would all consider this €50 charge to be normal enough or were they ripping her off?

Any thoughts?

Sounds dear to me. I drive a similar size car to a Yaris and Pirelli tyres cost me 60 each including balancing and fitting.

Are you sure it's balancing and not tracking / alignment that they did? I've had to have my car tracked at advance and Eur50 is about right for that? Advance have always been a decent enough crowd to deal with in my experience and I can't see them invoicing balancing at 50 quid unless it was an honest mistake. No harm giving them a ring to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Did you pa that yet? if you did i suspect the fitter had a few scoops on you that night in his local!!

Balancing should cost no more than €10 and most places will do it for free when there fitting tyres.

ring there head office and just ask how much is it to get wheels balanced when they say €10-€15 ask why you were charged/quoted €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

hey i have a yaris and got a new tyre on it 2 weeks ago and got charged 70 euro including balancing. I really hate that crap of places tryin to rip off the easy target or women. I really hope you do something bout it and let us know how you get. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Ring them up and ask over phone what it would cost for a new tyre on your car,then say *does that includes balancing?* If he says yes then say *why were you charged* ask to speak to manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I avoid Advance like the plague here in Galway.

The small operators give a far better service and the same price ,the last lot of yaris (twas a 2004 micra) type tyres cost me €180 for 4 and yer man clattered the exhaust back into shape for free while she was off the ground .

Advertisement