Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best HDTV LCD

Options
  • 11-01-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been done but I searched and found nothing.

I'm planning on buying an lcd in a few months and am wondering which brand is best overall, there are as many opinions out there as TV's themselves.

The reason I specified LCD is that I'll use it predominantly for my 360.

So, personally, which HDTV would you go for if money was no option?

Or perhaps more specifically, what would ye go for with a smaller budget... say less than a grand.:p

Thanks in advance for any advice/opinions.:)

Best LCD HDTV 19 votes

LG
    0% 0 votes
    Sony
    5% 1 vote
    Panasonic
    47% 9 votes
    Samsung
    15% 3 votes
    JVC
    21% 4 votes
    Sharp
    0% 0 votes
    Philips
    0% 0 votes
    Toshiba
    5% 1 vote
    Pioneer
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

This is supposed to be the best screen on the market (Pioneer PDP-427XD 42in plasma)

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6994

And this is the best LCD its a sony V series 46V2000

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6995

I noticed a new version of this is out now called the 46V2500

both screens are 720p and both are for sale at www.komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If money was no option, then I'd go for the Sony KDL-42X2000.

The current unit I have is the Sony KLV-W40A10. I find it's a really great TV.

After doing weeks of research, reading reviews, user reviews, user faults, and such, I always came back to the Sony TVs. The quality of the picture is just so impressive, even with SD TV.

I've yet to actually connect any HD device.

I'd have no problems recommending these TVs to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I've yet to actually connect any HD device.

bah! you can't really fully rate it then! :)

I'd be interested in recommendations on this thread.

I'm trying to decide between a really good 26" or a good value 32". Have a grand to spend....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

quarryman wrote:
    I'm trying to decide between a really good 26" or a good value 32". Have a grand to spend....

I'm in the same boat as you man. Leaning more towards the 32" but set up the threat for opinions on the best and then take it from there with what I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Hi,
    I dont know if its the best or anything. I got a Phillips 32 inch LCD (PF-5331) for 999 Euro from DID Electrical. Like the others I have not hooked up any HDMI devices yet, so I cant comment. Its got a really good sharp picture from the sky box, and the playstation2 looks grand. Have had no issues with it and had it for about 3 months.

It has 2 HDMI inputs, 2 Scart (only one of these is good, the quality on the other is shockin) 1 (5 lead PrPbY&R&L) component in, 1 (3 lead R&L&Video) component in, 1 s-video, dvi audio in, and ariel in.

The only issues with it is sometimes you notice a bit of ghosting, and sometimes black colours show the gradients very clearly.

For the price its excellent, and it looks good - all black casing, Im very happy with it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

panasonic tx-32lx60 or the sony kdl-32v2500. very similarly specc'd although the sony has got a PC input. picture wise both are outstanding and are industry leaders.

just on a side note, pioneer dont do lcd's. they make the best plasmas but no lcd

moe

jackal wrote:
    Hi,
    I dont know if its the best or anything. I got a Phillips 32 inch LCD (PF-5331) for 999 Euro from DID Electrical. Like the others I have not hooked up any HDMI devices yet, so I cant comment. Its got a really good sharp picture from th............. the price its excellent, and it looks good - all black casing, Im very happy with it so far.

thanks for that!

I'm getting confused with all the specifications versus price.

Like here is a 32" Philips LCD for €2000

and a 32" LG for €750!

They look good, same size yet 1250 in the difference, what exactly do you get extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Most of them have enchancements and/or gimmicks, such as a better resolution, or better pixel dislpay. Some of the philips ones have an "ambilight" which lights up the area behind the screen, "enchancing" picture by providing contrast. The jury is probably still out on whether it does that, but it sure looks cool!

The 999 one I got does nothing fancy, its a basic model.

Advertisement