Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

messy hair

• 11-01-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ok, where i work, there is a school across the road. there are so many school girls, around 16-18 yrs old that have their hair tied up in a pony tail but i swear i think they do it in such a way that they have all these pieces sticking out. Like they pull them out on purpose, and its all bumps and stuff......is this the fashion...? it looks kinda silly , like they just got out of bed..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fashionfriend

OMG I know what your talking about, I see these girls in question regularly at the Dundrum shopping centre! I think its a D4 fashion or something. It looks so knotty, How to they brush their hair.
    I hope its not the new fashion, Well I suppose its better than the mullet that was in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just wait till they ditch the uniforms and saunter in to school in their PJ's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Femmy wrote:
    ok, where i work, there is a school across the road. there are so many school girls, around 16-18 yrs old that have their hair tied up in a pony tail but i swear i think they do it in such a way that they have all these pieces sticking out. Like they pull them out on purpose, and its all bumps and stuff......is this the fashion...? it looks kinda silly , like they just got out of bed..
    I used to live with a girl who wore her hair like that to college everyday. It took her about an hour to perfectly preen it in that messed up/haven't brushed it style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

thats gas, someone actually taking time to fix it into a messy style....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

haha! You've only noticed that now!?

Yea thats the style. I think the D4 types created it. God knows where they got the idea that the 80's looked good.

I've seen them back comb it to make it messy, they they spend ages straightening it just to mess it and secure it in place with hair pins/bulll dog clips.

It's also worth noting that you should prob have blonde highlights to complete the "look".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I've always wondered how they do the hair like that! The girls in Dundrum are hilarious though - messy bleached blonde hair, oversized sunglasses on their heads, fake-tanned to the max, skinny jeans tucked into ugg boots, little hoodies, and to top it all off - a Juicy Couture bag. I once saw a group of girls, I kid you not - I couldn't tell any of them apart, they could have been quintuplets for all I knew!

Back to the messy hair - a girl I know went to Loreto and she said that the girls there used to do their hair like that all the time. She said apparantly there's an art to doing it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Damn straight there's an art to it. What's wrong with Jucy Couture? I think they're vey cute bags. I know a lot of people that wear their hair like that, but if they like it and it makes them feel pretty/confident then why bother slagging them over it and hoping it goes out of fashion?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

I think it looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

I think girls look cute with that kind of hair do, or lack of hair do!!

Remember a group of loreto on the green girls came down on the college open day.We were all stressed about exams so we decided we do something fun.Hiding behind the bush at the front entrance.Once they got off the bus walking through the quad.12 eggs go flying.Leg it off and hide behind the back of the quad.All their hair and uniform messy.Pity they were not allowed wear their proper clothes.:( Love to have got egg on some Lauren and Hilfiger goods.Of course we get called up to dean of residence but it was worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Lil Kitten wrote:
    It's also worth noting that you should prob have blonde highlights to complete the "look".

Ah, sounds kind of like what I see most of the time, Half of it should be blond, the other half black. That's the Dundalk way! :rolleyes:

Though with weather conditions being as they are today, nobody really has a choice in the matter of messy hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yep " The OC" we call them in Drogheda, see them in groups every sat in the shopping centre, cannot tell them apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Remember a group of loreto on the green girls came down on the college open day.We were all stressed about exams so we decided we do something fun.Hiding behind the bush at the front entrance.Once they got off the bus walking through the quad.12 eggs go flying.Leg it off and hide behind the back of the quad.All their hair and uniform messy.Pity they were not allowed wear their proper clothes.:( Love to have got egg on some Lauren and Hilfiger goods.Of course we get called up to dean of residence but it was worth it.

You sound like a ****ing tosser

I dont get it...why do you care what way people wear there hair?i think people who dye their hair strange colours is disgusting but dont go starting a thread of it..how stupid its pretty lame if it bothers you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

i think people who dye their hair strange colours is disgusting but dont go starting a thread of it..

Still threw it into your post just now though didn't you? :rolleyes:

If they want to wear their hair messy/dyed unusual colours/shaved off/whatever then that's their choice.

Piste wrote:
    Damn straight there's an art to it. What's wrong with Jucy Couture? I think they're vey cute bags. I know a lot of people that wear their hair like that, but if they like it and it makes them feel pretty/confident then why bother slagging them over it and hoping it goes out of fashion?

Oh nothing's wrong with Juicy Couture! It's just that those stereotypical girls always have the Juicy bag to match, every single one of them - they all look the same.

I think the hair is cool as well, but I think it's stupid the way they all look like clones of each other (the whole orange fake tan look makes them look silly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

12 eggs go flying.Leg it off and hide behind the back of the quad.All their hair and uniform messy.Pity they were not allowed wear their proper clothes.:( Love to have got egg on some Lauren and Hilfiger goods.Of course we get called up to dean of residence but it was worth it.

I would've called the guards if that had happened. That's assault.
    It can also be very dangerous. A girl I know got egg shell in her eye and lost some sight because of it.

I personally don't style my hair like that, but I don't have a problem with people who do.

Pythia wrote:
    It can also be very dangerous. A girl I know got egg shell in her eye and lost some sight because of it.

It was a joke.Yes I am sure there are loads of people with sight damage due to eggs.Plus they ended up having messy hair anyway.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Edit to keep it simple:

Dazzler : You're insecure and ridiculously immature. Post pics of yourself!

PrettyInPunk : You're attractive so don't worry about him.

Throwing eggs at people is pathetic.

OP: It does look a bit silly I think, but I'd be more concerned about the orange plastered-on makeup...

tinkerbell wrote:
    Oh nothing's wrong with Juicy Couture! It's just that those stereotypical girls always have the Juicy bag to match, every single one of them - they all look the same.

Shows they have good taste ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

To be honest i did not even know what the hairstyle the OP was talking about looked like... however if its what the girls in the Dazzlers post have then thats grand.

I mean both girls are very good looking, i especially like the one on the right.. however the hairstyle is cute.
    I remember not so long ago that messy hair on a guy was considered hot. The just out of bed look, in fact i think its still around!

The hairstyle the OP is referring to is when they either tie their hair up in a bun and it's all completely messy (think like you've just been dragged through a bush!) or when they have a hairband in their hair but the hair at the top of the head is really high (and also messy looking).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The one on the right looks a bit durty, which is good.

Anyway I know the dundrum types you speak of - and to be fair the I think it's grand. A fine sight better than the girls you see in the other big shopping 'malls' around are dublin.

Piste wrote:
    I know a lot of people that wear their hair like that, but if they like it and it makes them feel pretty/confident then why bother slagging them over it and hoping it goes out of fashion?

It offends my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Still not as bad as the "Dort" speak that comes out of their mouthes ;)

Ah no, I shouldnt slag. Too easy in this case.

o1s1n wrote:
    Still not as bad as the "Dort" speak that comes out of their mouthes ;)

Ah no, I shouldnt slag. Too easy in this case.

Ah, I believe it's pronounced "dorsh". :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Ah, I believe it's pronounced "dorsh". :p

What are you saying anyway? Didn't you have that disgusting coloured dye in your hair? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

What is with the amount of people defending D4s?...and then throwing in "oh...but...eh...I don't like the look. Yeah I hate it I never have messy hair like that..."

For fuk sake, yeah it's their choice but they still look stupid.

We can not like the look but also defend their right to wear their hair as they like. What's it to anyone on here if a random girl they see on the street has a messy do or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Lil Kitten wrote:
    It offends my eyes.
    So does your face

You're a moderator?! That's a personal attack....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

I find the effort that goes into achieving the look highly amusing.

I have a natural bed head, no matter what I do to it it always looks like I've just had a tumble in the hay.... Have never dyed my hair or worn false tan... don't see the appeal. I like being a pale freckly brunette.

Advertisement