Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paisean Faisean

• 11-01-2007 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey Does any body watch that show on TG4, its on mondays at 10.00pm
    Its a funny dating show in Irish, three guys who dont have a clue about fashion have to make an outfit for a girl then at the end she tries on the three outfits and has to pick one, the outfit she picks she goes for a meal with the guy who chose it, Some of the outfits are sooo funny , so mismatched!!

Reccommend it for a laugh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hey Does any body watch that show on TG4, its on mondays at 10.00pm
    Its a funny dating show in Irish, three guys who dont have a clue about fashion have to make an outfit for a girl then at the end she tries on the three outfits and has to pick one, the outfit she picks she goes for a meal with the guy who chose it, Some of the outfits are sooo funny , so mismatched!!

Reccommend it for a laugh!
    Sounds horribly sexist to me. Programme made by a bunch of Men Hating women and watched by a bunch of men hating women.

"Ha Ha! look at the stupid man picking purple tights to go with that green and yellow jumper. What a buffoon!"

Don't suppose you have an address for the makers of the programme fashionfriend? Pighead wants to send them a long angry letter. Thanks for highlighting this despicable brand of Men Bashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It my favourite thing to watch on tv! The funniest was the one this week when the girl said she liked 'vintage' clothes and the guys all thought it was 'tartan' or 'something my mum would wear'. Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fashionfriend

panda100 wrote:
    It my favourite thing to watch on tv! The funniest was the one this week when the girl said she liked 'vintage' clothes and the guys all thought it was 'tartan' or 'something my mum would wear'. Lol!

Yeah that was gas, or there was this other one when the girl said she liked bohemian and they guys were clueless!!

I though it was funny when they came out with 'something my mum would wear' aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Undoubtedly the best story from Paisean Faisean was when one guy realised that he'd got his dates wrong and needed to leave early to pick up an ex and his kid. So he decided to pick out the worst tarty clothes he could find to ensure the girl wouldn't choose him. He even picked out underwear for her!

The girl ended up choosing it and went out for dinner wearing the outfit, kind of looked like the guy was taking a hooker to dinner. Priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My mate and some girl who was a few years above us in school were on same episode. I think they went shopping in Greystones and my mate totally took the piss. Was so funny! he didn't win though.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

It's actually called Paisean Faisean (as gaeilge mas é do thoil é!).

It's little things like this that really get on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Although it's cheap and sexist.. it's cheap and sexist, which makes it excellent viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's actually called Paisean Faisean (as gaeilge mas é do thoil é!).

It's little things like this that really get on my nerves.
    Tóg é go bog é.

You're obviously someone who wants to promote the Irish language, but attitudes like that do not help, particularly when these people are clearly taking an interest in Irish shows and shows produced for TG4.

If these people were not watching the shows they would cease to exist and even fewer people would be aware of and taking an interest in the language you seem to want to encourage.

Try being less critical and maybe add something to the discussion, or else ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Back on topic, folks!

It's a funny show alright and I like the way they go shopping all over the country so you see what fashion is available in different towns. I don't think the girls always pick the nicest outfit, though - they might pick an outfit because one part of it was really nice/expensive though the rest of it was awful, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We watched some episodes in Irish class a month or two ago, it as very funny, especially the way the "gaeilgóirs" lapsed into English when they couldn't think of a word "tá sé comh cute!"

Gleoite plz.

My Irish teacher told us that a friend of his (also an Irish teacher) went on it and when he was asked why did he go on it he answered "because it was cheaper than going to Thailand"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Yeah I watch that show sometimes and think its funny, but come on give the blokes a break there trying their best. SOme of them are nice country fellows!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

A class programme,on a par with Naked Camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

simu wrote:

I like the way they go shopping all over the country so you see what fashion is available in different towns..

Yeah thats great too. I remeber watching one set in Tralee or something and one guy got a shop called 'glitzy rags',another got 'utopia' and the other got 'french connection. Needless to say the guy from french connection won over glitzy rags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I love this show!

It's so funny...they also get the weirdest guys on. And they always have shots of the presenter walking down the street and posing at the camera. I remember an episode where she kept slagging one guy saying he was a 'mammys boy'. Good fun...the outfits they pick are usually woeful..I would never go on it.

But the Irish is even funnier. "Eh...tá an piosa seo saghas funky chic.."

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Rosita

Piste wrote:
    We watched some episodes in Irish class a month or two ago, it as very funny, especially the way the "gaeilgóirs" lapsed into English when they couldn't think of a word "tá sé comh cute!"

Gleoite plz.

My Irish teacher told us that a friend of his (also an Irish teacher) went on it and when he was asked why did he go on it he answered "because it was cheaper than going to Thailand"

It's not that the "gaeilgóirs" can't think of a word or lapse into English. It's just that the English language has obviously influenced the way native speakers speak the language and you will get words like that. Same in English where people use "flaithiúlach" or "raison d'etre" etc. It doesn't mean they can't think of an English word - it's just the way they speak!

Obviously, people who learn Irish in school will have a "Irish" word for everything. But the native Irish speaker will call the "fridge" the "fridge" while the learner will correct them by say "an cuisneoir". Same with television etc. I know a native Irish speaker who told me he never heard the word "luch" used for "mouse" until he heard Gaeltacht students at it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My sister's friend went on and picked the oufit of the guy she knew was gay (of course they knew each other through friends of friends, Ireland is a bloody village in some respects) as she knew he wouldn't be trying to kiss her on the date, and he picked out a vaguely decent outfit.

A guy I went to college with was on one week as well (he's also gay) and what do you know the girl ended up picking his outfit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Was good last night, the guys picked some nice outfits!! but they were a bit too Formal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The gold dresses were gorgeous. I didn't like the shrug though. Wasn't too keen on the first outfit either. Looked a bit middle aged imo.

Advertisement