Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's ideas

Options
  • 11-01-2007 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Thought I would get more serious replies in here rather than AH so here goes:

Some may say it's a tad early to be planning this but I don't want to go leaving it till the last minute and find everything is booked out.

Had originally planned to do this but let me know if it sounds cheesy and what I could do that would be more romantic.

Was planning to have a dozen roses with a card delivered to her house valentine's day. Reason being we live quite far away so it would be difficult to give them to her myself.
    Was then planning on taking her out to dinner on friday and booking us into a hotel for the night. Sounds rather cheesy I know but I'm a man and don't know any different.

My current situation is I'm a student so don't start advising me on insanely expensive things to do.

Any help/ideas are appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Roses. Maybe a nice bath with candles and then a massage if you have a free house. Of course there's also the homemade card/ poem/ love letter/ mix CD/ book of love vouchers option which is really sweet. If she's has being hinting at something you could get it for her. If you have any pictures together, you could print them and make a photo album for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Post reported

I sense a Shill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Caliden wrote:
    Thought I would get more serious replies in here rather than AH so here goes:

Some may say it's a tad early to be planning this but I don't want to go leaving it till the last minute and find everything is booked out.

Had originally planned to do this but let me know if it sounds cheesy and what I could do that would be more romantic.

Was planning to have a dozen roses with a card delivered to her house valentine's day. Reason being we live quite far away so it would be difficult to give them to her myself.
    Was then planning on taking her out to dinner on friday and booking us into a hotel for the night. Sounds rather cheesy I know but I'm a man and don't know any different.

My current situation is I'm a student so don't start advising me on insanely expensive things to do.

Any help/ideas are appreciated. :D
    you live far apart?? please. but OH MY GOD that is soooo like Aggghhh amazing thing to do. Hey caliden go easy on the champers you know what happened the last time with the bubbles going to your head.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Why is everyone infatuated with that site ?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

>_> Shills, I'm watching for ye!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

xzanti wrote:

Ok.. I got one of these for my bf for Valentines... I paid 45 quid for it but tbh, there was less than a tenner's worth of sweets on it.. Looked great, nice idea but not great value for money unfortunately.. :o

Advertisement