Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faces/Heels of TNA

• 11-01-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

stupid question for everyone, but who are the heels and faces of TNA.

watched if for the first time last weekend and was amazed by rhyno facing abyss. then joe and angle going at it backstage.. it instantly caught my attention and hate that "new" out of the loop feeling.. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's hard to say who the heels and faces are on TNA since Vince Russo's booking doesn't tend to follow the old rules.

One minute Angle is threatening to break a woman's ankle in order to get a match with Samoa Joe, the next minute he's put into a main event match against Christian (who's a heel).

Then Sting ends up coming down to help Angle who was getting beat up by Christian and Tomko (another heel) yet Sting is a full on babyface so why would he help a guy like Angle who attacks a woman?

It's messed up but that's Russo's writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

phew, thought i was loosing the plot by not being able to follow it.! :)

what does everyone think of russo's bookings? sounds like a good plan throwing the conventional out the window!

on a side note, i noticed the sun online are doing wrestling podcasts(20mins long). booker/orton/kennedy so far and its great listening to them and getting their views on the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

iremex wrote:
    phew, thought i was loosing the plot by not being able to follow it.! :)

Its not you. Welcome to the world of TNA Impact. Where a million things happen and a good proportion of it doesn't follow logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

iremex wrote:
    stupid question for everyone, but who are the heels and faces of TNA.

watched if for the first time last weekend and was amazed by rhyno facing abyss. then joe and angle going at it backstage.. it instantly caught my attention and hate that "new" out of the loop feeling.. :rolleyes:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/nwatna.html

According to obsessed with wrestling this is the who's who. Has Angle as a heel. He's so over with the crowd at the moment they cant really cast him as a heel. Its as confusing with Senshi and the now defunked AMW....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

The only true heels in the classic sense would be, Christian Cage (and Tomko by association) and Jeff Jarrett (Although he's out for awhileand I read he'll be returning as a face)

Probably the biggest face in the company would be Eric Young.

AJ Styles is turning heel and is damn good as one.

L.A.X are heels too, although the fans like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bobby Roode is a proper heel as well. And James Storm too I'd say

Nothing proper about James Storm, he'll only be kept on for the feud with Chris Harris and then dropped. He's the Marty Janetty/Bart Gunn of TNA

Nothing proper about James Storm, he'll only be kept on for the feud with Chris Harris and then dropped. He's the Marty Janetty/Bart Gunn of TNA

Actually I see more potential in Storm than Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

If you go on www.obsessedwithwrestling.com and check out the TNA tab theres a rough idea of the talent divided into heels and faces.

Actually I see more potential in Storm than Harris.

Harris has already being used as a singles competitor and had a couple of title shots in the past, TNA were always going the way of splitting them up and pushing the wildcat. Cant remember if James Storm has ever had a high profile singles match, not that I've seen every episode of TNA in the past 5 years, just personally have never seen it.

• Advertisement

Harris has already being used as a singles competitor and had a couple of title shots in the past, TNA were always going the way of splitting them up and pushing the wildcat. Cant remember if James Storm has ever had a high profile singles match, not that I've seen every episode of TNA in the past 5 years, just personally have never seen it.

Storm had a lot of injuries though which was a factor in Harris getting title shots.

If you look at the two sit-down promos on Impact recently, Storm came off as the more charismatic of the two. At least he did to me, anyway.

I think Storm's character has more of a chance to succeed to be honest. A beer-drinking redneck is sorely missed in wrestling these days. :cool:

Storm had a lot of injuries though which was a factor in Harris getting title shots.

If you look at the two sit-down promos on Impact recently, Storm came off as the more charismatic of the two. At least he did to me, anyway.

I think Storm's character has more of a chance to succeed to be honest. A beer-drinking redneck is sorely missed in wrestling these days. :cool:

I still believe a title shot is a title shot and if they were taking the oppurtunity to put him in a main event match while his partner was injured instead of taking them off of tv completely (like the naturals, team 3D although I think they were touring japan at the time)they see a potential main eventer in him. WWE use to do the same with the likes of Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Crush (back in the day)and the like, sure I dunno why Im telling you things you already know. I personally thought AMW were class and shouldve kept the feud with LAX going.

Only saw one of the sit down promos without Harris so cant compare but James Storm did come off well, never thought of the whole Austin comparison. Still think therell be one feud and thatll be end of the cowboy....

I still believe a title shot is a title shot and if they were taking the oppurtunity to put him in a main event match while his partner was injured instead of taking them off of tv completely (like the naturals, team 3D although I think they were touring japan at the time)they see a potential main eventer in him. WWE use to do the same with the likes of Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Crush (back in the day)and the like, sure I dunno why Im telling you things you already know. I personally thought AMW were class and shouldve kept the feud with LAX going.

Only saw one of the sit down promos without Harris so cant compare but James Storm did come off well, never thought of the whole Austin comparison. Still think therell be one feud and thatll be end of the cowboy....

I don't think the title shot is that big of a deal. Jeff Hardy was given one against Taker in a big hyped up ladder match in 2002 but it didn't see him progress beyond mid-card where he remains to this day.

I think Storm can talk a lot better than most TNA guys and has a good gimmick going for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pick up a few wins by hitting people in the head with his beer bottle.

I'd worry about Harris actually because he might have to reinvent himself if Storm is allowed stay close to his AMW persona. I imagine they'll put Gail Kim with him but I don't see that doing much for him. Will be interesting to see.

Advertisement