Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I've found the source of the pop-up menu problems.

Options
  • 11-01-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

The pop-up menu problems (see various threads) that happens when a forum or thread as more than one page seems to relate to the element pagenav_form not being found (I think it isn't looked for if there's only one page).

In turn, its not being found seems to relate to the fact that the form with an action of "tags.php" isn't well formed.

I suspect therefore that if we can fix this we'll fix the menu problem.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

kudos.

now a pint for you if you can fix the slowdown:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

RuggieBear wrote:
    kudos.

now a pint for you if you can fix the slowdown:D
    Theres a good deal if I've ever seen one Talliesin, invest a couple hundred/couple thousand on new servers and Ruggie will buy you a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Talliesin wrote:
    I suspect therefore that if we can fix this we'll fix the menu problem.

Good catch. I do hope it can be fixed, its driving me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

This is becoming a major issue for me, I can't even PM my fellow mods on the forum I mod. No search, Thread Tools, nothing Arggggg. This is not only with a Mac, same issue in work from a windows box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Has it been fixed already?

I've noticed it's now working for the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Nope, the code I suspect is at fault is still there and I definitely tried to use a pop-up on a thread with two pages just recently and it didn't work.

It's important to note that firstly I could be wrong about the cause (we'll know if it is tried) and I have no idea how easy a fix it is (it seems like it's probably a relativley simple change to a static piece of code, but that's second-guessing the internal implementation of an server-side application I know nothing about).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

This same error prevents me using Forum Tools, or any of the similar dropdown menus on a few forums (One example). The JavaScript error msg is
    Error: fetch_object("pagenav_form") has no properties
    Source File: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js
    Line: 1521

Yet it does seem to be defined in the source..
    <!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
    		<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
    		<tr>

<td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Go to Page...</td>
    		</tr>
    		<tr>
    			<td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
    			<form action="index.php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
    				<input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
    				<input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="Go" />
    			</form>

</td>
    		</tr>
    		</table>
    	</div>

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Asiaprod wrote:
    This is becoming a major issue for me, I can't even PM my fellow mods on the forum I mod. No search, Thread Tools, nothing Arggggg. This is not only with a Mac, same issue in work from a windows box.
    Yes, it is a pain, but the temp fix is IE tab in firefox, or the dreaded IE itself.

Keep at it Talliesin. I know you can do it. YEAH!. (Sorry, I worked for an american company once.)

Advertisement