Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From South Mall to carpark

Options
  • 11-01-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Coming from South Mall onto Grand Parade there's a multi-storey carpark on the right. In the old days, you could doing a uey at the lights and then turn left into this carpark. That doesn't seem feasible any more. Today, I had to go straight, pass Virgin, left, left onto Main St, left and then right back onto Grand Parade. Pain in the hole. Is it the only way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Depending in the time of day you can access the carpark (I presume it's the "Q park" one you're referring to?) via Oliver Plunkett Street.

As you come over Parliament Bridge, instead of turning left towards Grand Parade go straight through the split traffic island and down the side street (princes street?) onto Oliver Plunkett Street.

At the end of Oliver Plunkett Street cirlce around left and hey presto you're at the entrance to the carpark on Grand Parade.

Since Oliver Plunkett Street is now closd off to cars at certain times of the day the above option is obviously not always available.

Enjoy the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, I considered that, but the lights to go straight across South Mall after Parliament bridge seem to be permanently red. Perhaps as you say they're red at certain times of the day because there's no access to OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

corblimey wrote:
    Coming from South Mall onto Grand Parade there's a multi-storey carpark on the right. In the old days, you could doing a uey at the lights and then turn left into this carpark. That doesn't seem feasible any more. Today, I had to go straight, pass Virgin, left, left onto Main St, left and then right back onto Grand Parade. Pain in the hole. Is it the only way?

don't go onto south mall, go straight on up to south main bridge, straight through and turn right.
    come up Washington street, turn right to pass the main entrance to the market and left into the car park.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

south main bridge????? Think you might aggravate the drivers coming in the opposite direction from BOTH lanes and get yourself arrested. Well least parking be the least of your worries :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

castie wrote:
    south main bridge????? Think you might aggravate the drivers coming in the opposite direction from BOTH lanes and get yourself arrested. Well least parking be the least of your worries :D .

go straight on up to south main bridge, straight through and turn right.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You mean the South Gate Bridge of course?

But at that why not park in Roches or the one by Jury's or Union Quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 legalimmigrant

Once you've got to the foot of the Coal Quay, why not turn right instead and come back onto Patrick Street?

(Caveat - I don't drive so I dunno if you can turn right at the BoI.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Technically, isn't it right turn for buses only onto patrick's street? Course that doesn't stop the taxi drivers and every second car to chance their arm.

Might try the South gate bridge option next time, which will probably be next christmas. I hate going into town, and this has just made an annoying experience even more annoying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

go straight on up to south main bridge, straight through and turn right.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right South gate bridge is one way heading away from town, what do you mean by straight through it? Im not trying to be smart, i drive into town 2/3 times a day and this doesnt seem very clear to me. Are you talking about the bridge by The Exchange? just in front of the court house? South gate is the one by the brewery.

Advertisement