Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player/Mp3 Car Radio

Options
  • 11-01-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

so i have now got a VW Polo and going to upgrade the radio in it. what are people choices on a radio?

I have looked at Kenwood, JVC, Sony, Ripspeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've got a Rockford Fosgate that I got a mate of mine sent over from the US. Great unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I had a Kenwood in an old car of mine. Never had a problem with it, it worked like a dream. Probably an expensive option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I've a JVC Mp3/CD unit in mine and it cost me about €199, was down from €299 at Halfords last year.

No problems yet and it's a fancy little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Have a Blaupunkt Mp3 player (€300) in the shaggin' waggin', Bought a ripspeed (€100) for my ma's car, both fine units.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bought the Lidl unit the last time round ...no complaints.

Haven't tried the MP3 thingy yet (showing my age:D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Judging by your username you are an iPod fan. Have a look at the Alpine stereos. They now come with an iPod interface.
    Any of them are good these days Pioneer, JVC, Sony, all with 45W outputs which is probably way in excess of what a standard speaker system in any car is capable of. Look into upgrading the speaker system too. Otherwise you are not going to see the full benefits of the new stereo.
    No need to go full on boy racer with sub woofers & amps etc.

Advertisement