Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint colour

Options
  • 11-01-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

Does anyone know the exact shade of white used to paint the ceilings in the 2 beds in Charlesland Park?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I love to know that too so please share it if you find out!
    (Has anyone else got big black spots in their bedroom ceilings? Ours appears to be caused by condensation in the attic due to faulty roof vents, so they claim!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ask the builders and they'll give you some paint (assuming you only want a small amount).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

Hi Lin,

Heard from the builders that the colour was 'buttermilk' but reckon their own distinct mix is difficult to get. Probably as its watered down so much :mad:
    We've tipped against the walls plenty of times, only to leave black marks. Appraently its a classic sign of really cheap paint.

Durkans, take a bow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same in any new house - they're builders not interior designers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

loyatemu wrote:
    same in any new house - they're builders not interior designers.

Yes loyatemu, Durkans are builders. Its not the chosen colour I disagree with, its the quality of the paint they used on the walls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I bought some of the paint in Bradys, at the end of the town. A very pleasant gentleman, one the eponymous Bradys, mixed it for me. They are very familiar with the colour. Its a Fleetwood colour and they told me that the next Fleetwood agent after themselves, southwards, is Wicklow. I have slapped it on with a roller and found it to be an exact match.

The minimum size is two litres, but I am getting through it ! I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Yes, I bought Fleetwood Buttermilk for the walls and it's the same colour but I'm looking for the exact shade of white for the ceiling.

Advertisement