Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best add-on?

Options
  • 11-01-2007 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Im looking for the best add-on's for the following features.
    1)Show co-ords. If I ask any q's , I'm always advised with co-ords where to go
    2)to check your bank contents.
    3)to check the auction house prices. I have heard of Auctioneer. Is this the best?
    4)Any other "must haves"?

Thanks
    JC

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I use...

1. Titan Panel -- A must have (imo), with co-ords, exp per/hour and lots of other stuff.
    2. Perl Bars...cause they look better and are far more customisable then the normal ones.
    3. Gatherer -- Very nice for mining, herbalism etc...
    4. Scrolling Combat Text -- still use this even though Blizz have their own one implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

1)titan panel or the plug in to fubar (which i switch to from titan)
    2)I use vBagnon. Lets you check your bank contents and that of any other character it knows of.
    3)Auctioneer...you will still have to go to the AH itself tho. All this does is remember prices it saw.
    4)Must haves are very class specific imo. Can't go wrong with Trinket Menu tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

1. Simpleminimap
    2. EngBags

not sure about 3 anymore

4. oRA2, Grid, Bigwigs, Clique, Bartender3, Perl Unitframes, xRaidStatus, ScrollingCombatText

Fubar is much better than titan is :)

My current UI: http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~moridin/uishot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

thats a nice tidy interface!

maybe we should start a show your WOW interface thread? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

moridin wrote:
    1. Simpleminimap
    2. EngBags

not sure about 3 anymore

4. oRA2, Grid, Bigwigs, Clique, Bartender3, Perl Unitframes, xRaidStatus, ScrollingCombatText

Fubar is much better than titan is :)

My current UI: http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~moridin/uishot.jpg

Your interface is so cool!!!
    How do I get to have the interface like yours???
    teach me ,pleaseplease!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Actually, the bag addon "baggins" looks to be better than EngBags - gonna try it out over the next day or two.

As for an interface like mine, that was pretty easy to set up. Skinner gives you the graduated black borders, the bottom bar is FuBar with some plugins. Unitframes are Perl, though lots of people like ag_unitframes instead. Minimap is simpleminimap. The action bars are done using Bartender3, and the circle skin on them is added with cycircled. The combat log is simplecombatlog, the enemy cast bars are Natur EnemyCastBar, and the player castbar is ecastingbar.

Most of those you'll get at www.wowace.com/files and the ones which aren't there you'll find on google by searching for the name of the addon + "wow".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

moridin I love the look of your UI. I was looking into trying some of these last week, saw some on www.worldofwar.net but that list you gave is much more up to date.
    One question, do they all stop working after every little update? I really wanted some of the hunter beast training ones that show you what potential pets have with the stuff you already know ghosted out but that is not up to date, I will try your list for something similar.
    One question are they legal? or can you get a warning for using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I strongly reccommend MazzleUI it has everything your going to need and more, plus it looks great and easy to setup!

Picture #1
    Picture #2
    Picture #3
    Picture #4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Deaddue,
    it looks good and gets great reviews. At the moment I'm using titan panel and whatever add ons it has. Do I just remove these folders and install MazzleUI?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thanks Deaddude, MazzleUI looks like what Ive been searching for for quite some time

I couldn't help but notice a section of guild/raid chat in one of the screenies:

"Rurick: how long does it take azgul to eat a pastry?"
    "Melenia: i still don't get how getting some gurl pregg and you cant play wow"

I miss the utter drivvel that used to emerge when raid was preparing for a boss encounter

• Advertisement

JackieChan wrote:
    Deaddue,
    it looks good and gets great reviews. At the moment I'm using titan panel and whatever add ons it has. Do I just remove these folders and install MazzleUI?

Go into your addon folder and delete what you do not need, then paste in the contents of Muzzle UI. When you run it first, it will do a setup with you which is extremely helpful! :)
    Thanks Deaddude, MazzleUI looks like what Ive been searching for for quite some time

I couldn't help but notice a section of guild/raid chat in one of the screenies:

"Rurick: how long does it take azgul to eat a pastry?"
    "Melenia: i still don't get how getting some gurl pregg and you cant play wow"

I miss the utter drivvel that used to emerge when raid was preparing for a boss encounter

No problem LordChessington, I'm usually on top of these WoW matters lol ;)

Lol @ Quote :D

Edit: You can also check out the forum for MazzleUI which is extremely helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

that deaddude,

that is a awesome gui. Just installed it and it set up everything i need for my warrior. what a great add-on. Thanks for the heads up mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm going to give it a bash tonight, I'll try MazzleUI too. Thanks for the direction

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Decided to upload screenies of mazzle to show what my ui was like beforehand (it was horrible, i admit that).

Pre-TBC disc/holy setup:
    mazzleex3.jpg

TBC shadow setup:
    mazzleex2.jpg

TBC disc/holy setup:
    mazzleex1.jpg

I loaded the ui and spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out what was going on, then got a /w to join slave pens. It wasn't a good idea to do that, as I hadn't customised anything or figured out how the ui worked until I was inside in the instance. It left me disorientated and I walked into a group of mobs and caused a wipe near the start :o . But I spent about an hour finding out how to configure the buttons, and it works like a dream now.

Edit -> Note the low fps near the bottom-right. After some further customisation, that has increased from a 35 average to about 50. Still not as good as pre-mazzle, but still good for me.

Very nice setup LordChessington, I like it :)

PS: Priests FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Its a nice UI alrite. However no matter what resolution i use the text/icons are always so tiny - i can barely see them. Dont seem to be able to fill the black spaces to the left of the mini map either....

Advertisement