Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does anyone remember...........

• 11-01-2007 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

A programme on RTE a few years ago about murders in Ireland, I think it was Cathel o Shannon that hosted it, he was looking into murders that happened back in the 30 /40 and 50 ies in ireland ,Ive looked at the RTE arcive site but cant find anything about it.Even the name might help me.There were two series of the programm and its the first series Im interested in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

wasnt it called something like "thou shall not kill" i remember correctly.. decent show.

think they have something alone those lines now on tg4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yeah thats the one I was thinking of also. But I dont think it went back to the 40s and 50s....late 60s plus I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

"Thou shalt not kill" rings a bell ok but I just typed it in to the RTE archives n it came up with nothing!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I remember that show, it was done very well. It would be good if the re-aired it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

This is doing my head in........arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,ill be fit to kill If I dont come up with the name soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

Was definatel called "thou shalt not kill"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

fobs wrote:
    Was definatel called "thou shalt not kill"

I agree. Maybe try different spellings. Or matbe they just don't have it on the archives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A quick google for "rte thou shalt not kill" reveals that it was produced by http://www.bigmountainproductions.com and aired around '93-'94. Other than that there's not a lot of info. I do remember that Cathal O'Shannon did present it. Why the pressing need to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Yes 'Thou Shalt not Kill' was the title of the series, and as mentioned was made around 1994. It was transmitted again on RTÉ One about three years ago.

A truly excellent series, it was one of very few factual programmes made by RTÉ that had an 'iconic' presenter with an interest and knowledge of the subject, something they're still very much lacking. It was remarkable how fresh and relevant the series was when reshown ten years later - shows how good production values never die.

One of the murders featured was that involving Malcom McArthur and Bridie Dargan in 1982, a truly gripping programme - another was based in the 1950s. The historical reenactments were excellent. Well worth watching if it ever crops up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

There was also a book of the same name with all the stories from the series, Quality program, If anyone comes across it check out the picture of Shan Mohangy who murdered a girl in a restaurant on harcourt st, He did his time and is now a politician in some african country, Id say you could pick up the book in a second hand shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Hey,

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I recently bought the book that accompanied the TV series of 'Thou Shalt Not Kill'. The stories are excellently written and I remember the TV series from the mid '90s.
    Up to about a year ago the 'Green Tureen/Shan Mohangi' episode was available on youtube, but has not been taken down. Can anyone upload these again or other episodes from the series?I'm sure people have it on video lying around.

Advertisement