Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Belkin and BTbb

Options
  • 11-01-2007 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got hold of this from Belkin:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=272220

(Wireless G+ MIMO Modem Router)

When trying to connect to my BT 3mb connection, it never picks up the dsl connection. I have all settings in correctly, and it can handle a PPOE connection; however even when connected directly to the PC via an ethernet cable, it won;t pick up the line.

I've gone back to my old wired modem and the connection is still up and working fine. Mind you, I'm only getting 1mb speeds the last week, but that shouldn't be causing this problem. So:

1. Stupid question, but this router (ADSL2) will work on a regular BT line, right?

2. More generally, if a connection was running slower than it should, would this cause a problem with a router syncing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Not big on this but the Belkin website says you can connect it to your already exsisting wired modem. Try that to see if there might be a problem with the router side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's a freephone Belkin tech support line, 00 800 223 55 460 (the numbers on the box.) I've used them, I found them responsive and helpful.

Advertisement