Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband

Options
  • 11-01-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Is there any issues with BT bb atm. I live in Drogheda and it is dropping all the time. Not now obviously but I expect it to drop/hang again soon. Been like this for 3-4 days now.

Just wondering what the views were/are on BT? Better than eircom or not much difference.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Guvnor wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Is there any issues with BT bb atm. I live in Drogheda and it is dropping all the time. Not now obviously but I expect it to drop/hang again soon. Been like this for 3-4 days now.

Just wondering what the views were/are on BT? Better than eircom or not much difference.

Thanks

Do a search! There are more BT threads than rainy days in Ireland - in summary their BB product is usually good everything else about them is lousy in varying degrees of awfulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Guvnor wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Is there any issues with BT bb atm.
    I threatened them with legal action and they blamed eircom. They've started to try and fix the problem but they're having limited success . It's a pain but get on the line to them and maybe do like i did and you might get your line fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

dub45 wrote:
    Do a search! There are more BT threads than rainy days in Ireland - in summary their BB product is usually good everything else about them is lousy in varying degrees of awfulness.

"Rainy days" :D ...Well put!

Had a 'mare getting my account activated with BT (see this thread) but no major probs since.

Tech Support are good, give them a bell. I hate asking but have you done a spyware sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi guvnor.
    digiweb have a support notice saying probs in drogheda that wont be fixed till monday so maybe bt where tellin the truth and eircom are to blame.the notice has been on for a few days now.
    hope this shines some light on the subject for you.
    regards,game4it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Cheers for all the replies lads!

I spoke with an agent in BT today and he claimed that my BT service was always intermittent as in dropped but back on a second later. I never noticed this in over a year.

He said my issue was likely caused by having the router plugged into the phone connection upstairs which in his opinion was not the primary phone jack in the house that being the one downstairs.

Now I plugged it into the connection downstairs and whilst it does not drop as frequently it does still drop every few minutes so no real improvement.

Would any of you guys recommend digiweb over bt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Guvnor wrote:
    Cheers for all the replies lads!

I spoke with an agent in BT today and he claimed that my BT service was always intermittent as in dropped but back on a second later. I never noticed this in over a year.

He said my issue was likely caused by having the router plugged into the phone connection upstairs which in his opinion was not the primary phone jack in the house that being the one downstairs.

Now I plugged it into the connection downstairs and whilst it does not drop as frequently it does still drop every few minutes so no real improvement.

Would any of you guys recommend digiweb over bt?

It could be the case that you have a line problem or that the internal wiring in your house is problematic. If that is the case then changing providers is unlikely to make much of a difference. You could try a a different filter also have you checked your line stats to see what you line is capable of?

Have you by any chance upgraded your speed recently? Any chance of borrowing another modem and see if that would make any difference? There are several variables involved so dont assume that a change of provider will solve your problems for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I'm in Cork and have always had a rock solid connection with Bt but in the last week the pings have been spiking and while the connection isn't dropping the speeds haven't been great either especially tonight.

Advertisement