Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Connection Sharing via Proxy fails on Wifi LAN

• 11-01-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone recognises this...

I tried to set up ICS on a two-PC wifi network and no browser works.
    The machine connecting via ICS can see the PC connected to the Internet and can see its shared drives.
    It can download MS updates. But I can't use IE7 or Firefox.

I installed AnalogX proxy and now I can browse. BUT starting from the home page, Google, no link works. I click on the search result and get Google back again. Sometimes it gives an error message as if it was looking for the site's directory /somedir/somefile.htm on google.com rather than on example.com

I I type in the address, it says "retrieving data from example.com" and even the title bar changes, but the browser window still shows Google.

Sometimes hit refresh enough times and it works once, in the sense that the site www.example.com appears. But then I click a link eg /somedir on that site and I get a message from *Google* saying that /somedir does not exist on their server.

Any idea what's going on here?
    I've googled for terms like proxy, baseurl, etc but no light.
    I've got Zonealarm on the shared PC, it has Trusted zone security turned off. (They say that medium security should still work for ICS)

TIA

Patrick

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah used to get that a lot with analogx proxy - google page but not the normal one - and it was zonealarm too

if you have tons of time and want to learn a new skill , look at squidnt
    or other proxy to rule it out

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

[QUOTE=if you have tons of time and want to learn a new skill , look at squidnt [/QUOTE]

Thanks, Capt'n!

I got squid this morning, took me a couple of hours to check out the .conf settings - I needed to define the my Eircom ISP dns nameserver apparently - it now works well on the client, browsing and mail both OK.

Gratefully,

Patrick

Advertisement