Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Relaunch - Opinions Please

Options
  • 11-01-2007 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

We just relaunched our company website

Let me know your feedback -

www.352media.com

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

looks quite nice!
    All of the top linked pages have a big banner except the contact page
    Your Irish office if there is one isn't listed there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Thanks Killion I will let the designers know,

The Irish office is been set up in the future, some stuff still needs to be worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

The site looks good, however have you thought about doing the site in web standards rather than tables?

Any web design company worth their salt should be producing web standards websites, rather than using tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Nice site, I love the company page with the flash banner. I must say I would have expected a higher grade of validation especially for such a huge company.

Good job though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Nice looking site.

Pitty it doesnt validate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

colm_c wrote:
    The site looks good, however have you thought about doing the site in web standards rather than tables?

Any web design company worth their salt should be producing web standards websites, rather than using tables.

I'm going to be a pedantic ass and correct you on this one. Table-based layouts can still be built using web standards. HTML 4.01 is a standard. What I think you're saying is that content should be separated from presentation more.

colm_c wrote:

We do not use table-less or “all CSS layouts” because they require extensive hacks to work across all browsers. These “hacks” often cause problems for our programmers and add extra time in the development process. It’s just not very stable or efficient for us.

Our site is not currently W3C compliant, but it will be in the next few months when we launch some version 2 enhancements. As a rule, we do not guarantee compliant sites unless a client requests it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

the Guru wrote:
    As a rule, we do not guarantee compliant sites unless a client requests it.
    Thats all great but how many non-tech heads even know about accessibility and compliance? Its the developer's responsibility to persue standards compliance not the client's. Not exactly good practice there.

I echo what was said earlier about the "contact us" page. It looks a little different without the big banner image.

in general our clients are techincal or have consultants at meetings due to the size of the projects we take on. I do hear you and I think this is something we should take on board in the future. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Advertisement