Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG week

Options
  • 11-01-2007 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

So what do we think of this years prospective festivities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I thought last year was the last rag trip??? no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 viggi-tea

Carnival of Love eh??? Wonder what that'll entail!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

last year could possibly be the last rag trip, they have thursday marked as a surprise, but after the flak they took last year for the rag trip, that surprise could just be a night out. if its a night out in dublin tho it ll be rediculously dear.

carnival of love...pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

what?? havnt heard a sausage about rag week?? rag trip last yr sucked, i ended up wearin some dudes blood!! eeww
    plus had to go to extreme lengths to get drink on the bus tehe.
    so wats supposedly happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

well, that looks uber disappointing!!! chill out day?? ie excuse for them not to think up anything!! lol
    bring back the rag trip!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Seems fairly Sh!t to be honest,
    Friday: we have nothing more to do so we will do nothing and call it chill out day....

they do chill out day every year cause everyone is hung over from thurs, and noone comes in. ive gone in and there have been some decent things like pro evo comps and the like, plus all the popcorn you can shake a stick at. chill out day isnt new, nor is it an altogether bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Chill Out day is a good idea... loads of people have to go home etc, so there's no point having a mad one that night. If they put on some decent movies or rented a load of beanbags or something... bit of ambient music goin on, some computer games... it'd easily be a great day.

...or hire hobo's to fight each other.

that wasnt funny.

• Advertisement

Yes, there are many fine examples of hobo fights already captured on video. Some are infact hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

So what happened last year that they cancelled this years trip because last years was an "embarrassment"?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Spanky-s wrote:
    So what happened last year that they cancelled this years trip because last years was an "embarrassment"?
    basically the rule was you weren't allowed drink on the bus - you were the year before - and people decided to drink before they got on the busses.

there were reports of car windows getting smashed over at bolton street and the pool tables in aungier street were soaked with alcohol.

i think there was worse too.

the courtyard thing in the middle of aungier st was a sea of beer cans, which is funny until you have to clean it.

plus there is the fact that DIT's laws or rules or whatever prohibit drinking in or around the place (except for wine).

i remember being at the briefing for stewards when they told us that there would be no drinking on the buses for the 1st time ever. and they thought i was crazy for laughing.

anyway, the whole trip got delayed cause people just stayed in the college drinking, the buses got upset, the organisers got upset, DITSU got upset. everyone else got pissed.

Yeah, last year was a bit of a joke alright. Neither of the two venues were up to any decent standard really, and ugh, it was just terribly organised. The escape route for the whole thing was something like "it was printed on the tickets that you can't bring drink on the bus"... but I don't remember seeing it, I don't think anyone else really did until they were about to head to the buses and were confronted by rather strict security guards. Eep.
    So... rather then waste good alcohol by allowing someone confiscate it... the student body indulged in some quality binge drinking in a rather short space of time.

Remember at the last night club... there were supposedly students thrashing cars in the parking lot, and then the whole club just ended suddenly? Oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 itchymarky

Ok...the Mystery Event IS a RAG Trip from what I hear...

They can't call it a Rag Trip because of last year...and they've also changed it to starting at Club 92 and ya gotta make your own way there. This makes sense so you don't have thousands of students wrecking the city and drinking on the streets like last year.

They're moving us from Club 92 to some place up the country with a band and DJs.

There's also talk of a 'mystery' act at the place up the country...that'd be savage if it was some good band or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Yep i heard all that too! It's not starting till 5 in club 92 either....so begs the question, is it worth €30?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

92 is a stones throw away from me, so will be going on this, its the biggest event in the college each year, might as well

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

i doubt it will be 92 lads....... at least not for the north side trip. I have been known to be wrong doh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's 92 to start off with, in kevin street there's a sheet you have to read before buying tickets, it says the trip starts from club 92 and you have to make your own way out there.

it's a fairly good idea as it keeps the banter away from the colleges and the buildings won't get wrecked like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 itchymarky

The RAG Trip was such a mess starting off last year that certain things HAD to change...to this end, it is starting off from a venue in Dublin that's not bang in the city centre i.e. Club 92

There will then be buses to take everyone to another venue, as with any other trip, and I'm hearing from loads of people that there's some mystery act alright but I can't find out who it is.........

Advertisement