Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I buy and train for my mount?

Options
  • 11-01-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I'm currently a lvl 39 human warrior and will probably hit the 40 mark this evening or tomorrow.I'd appreciate some advice on whats the best I can buy and how to get training cheaply.
    I'm currently revered in SW and I'm lead to believe that will make training cheaper.
    So for about 100g all in what/where should I buy and where should I train?

Ta
    JC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Race: Human
    Available to: Human (no reputation requirement)
    Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf (requires exalted reputation with Stormwind)
    Purchase Location: Eastvale Logging Camp, Elwynn Forest
    Menethil Harbor, Wetlands
    Southshore, Hillsbrad Foothills
    Riding Skill Cost: 90g (Apprentice)/900g (Journeyman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is in regards to how your reputation effects prices. For me to train for my mount costs 81G. If I was exhalted with SW would the price reduced further? If not then what is the function of the city reputation system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

It doesn't get any cheaper past honoured. Being exhalted with other factions simply allows you to buy the corresponding mount if you are another race. So being exhalted with SW for you would make no difference since you already have access to the human mount.

If you want to get exhalted with someone get exhatled with Darnassus for access to the imba NE mounts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

The only things that reduce the price are(were) Honoured and Sergeant rank (rank3). Each reduced the cost by 10%. However since Sergeant is not defunct i dunno what has happened to the price exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

It doesn't get any cheaper past honoured. Being exhalted with other factions simply allows you to buy the corresponding mount if you are another race. So being exhalted with SW for you would make no difference since you already have access to the human mount.

If you want to get exhalted with someone get exhatled with Darnassus for access to the imba NE mounts.

Yeah the NE's have the best mounts IMO,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

JackieChan wrote:
    Yeah the NE's have the best mounts IMO,

You have it all wrong! Rams are soooo the best mounts in the game. My druid has been riding around on one for about a year now, and, despite looking slightly odd, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Simdruid wrote:
    You have it all wrong! Rams are soooo the best mounts in the game. My druid has been riding around on one for about a year now, and, despite looking slightly odd, it's great!

nah i love my dreadsteed tbh, something about a fiery horse running up behind you to put the fear of jaysus in the greys :)

but if i was to pay for one, saber all the way, its just soooooo cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have the saber from ZG on my undead rogue.

/flex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think the nicest looking one is the PvP Raptor mount. I finally got one for my Tauren shammy a few days ago (you couldn't buy raptors as a tauren before) only to find that it kinda looks a little silly. :)

Still pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Maybe tomorrow the pvp mounts for Dranei and BE will be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Best mount is without a doubt...

The ZG Tiger. The orange coloring is just awesome looking. The Black raptor and my female dwarf riding the black mechanostrider (not a metaphor) are close seconds xD

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Should be getting my charger very very soon, just somehow need to drag some guildies to Scholo so we can do the quest! Charger looks badass, and I've got a PvP tiger ready to go once I finish the charger quest too.

Should be getting my charger very very soon, just somehow need to drag some guildies to Scholo so we can do the quest! Charger looks badass, and I've got a PvP tiger ready to go once I finish the charger quest too.

the scholo bit should be easy :P its finding a group for DiM thats the hard bit! nobody EVER wants to go, i sat with the mats in my bank for 3 whole weeks before i could finally find a group to finish my epic quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

maybe i'm the only one sick of the site of everyone going around on the pvp mounts? It's all a bit too common after the honor system changes.

The warlock's Dreadstead and Zul Gurrub tiger mounts are undoubtably the best looking mounts in the game and I have em both :) But the tiger mount is on my tauren hunter and no, it doesn't look like its being squashed :p

cance wrote:
    the scholo bit should be easy :P its finding a group for DiM thats the hard bit! nobody EVER wants to go, i sat with the mats in my bank for 3 whole weeks before i could finally find a group to finish my epic quest.
    Actually, Dire Maul was easy to find a group for me, 2 guildies needed a healer for their dreadsteed quest :)

Actually, Dire Maul was easy to find a group for me, 2 guildies needed a healer for their dreadsteed quest :)

lucky you :)

best of luck with scholo, its my fave instance and alot of others so you shouldnt have to look to hard to find a meat shield ;)

Got my charger this evening :) My warlock friend logged his 60 druid and healed, another 60 druid tanked, had another paladin who'd already done the quest there too, a lv58 lock and me - dinging 61 in there. :) Also got my Black War Tiger :D

Got my charger this evening :) My warlock friend logged his 60 druid and healed, another 60 druid tanked, had another paladin who'd already done the quest there too, a lv58 lock and me - dinging 61 in there. :) Also got my Black War Tiger :D

good for you ;)

one of the happiest moments i have had in WoW was summoning my dreadsteed for the first time.

Advertisement