Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland night out: 20th July 2007 - The Burnaby

Options
  • 11-01-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, Just want to get a few numbers for a night out in the cafe as suggested in another thread. Good way to meet your neighbours, especially if your a new arrival. Just post your interest and we will go from there. Also a few suggestions of which night suits most would be helpful and a few suggestions on how this should be organised.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

would have to be a friday or saturday as the cafe opens late those nights.
    Definite interestX2 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just read the other thread, Great Expectations.

Definitely a great idea to use the cafe for an evening meet and greet and also to BYO drink! I reckon a Friday or even a Saturday would be great. Pop a couple on the list here.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

+2 depending on dates!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Fair play to you Foxy06 for organising something. Definite interest x 3

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Nice one

Depending on dates (honeymoon in 3 weeks!) count me in x 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Count me in if I can get a baby sitter - x2:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrie

If it's a Friday or Saturday night we'd love a chance to meet some neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

OK folks going to decide on dates maybe tommorrow and I'd say maybe have it in three weeks or so to try and inform as many as possible but just want everyone to know that it will have to be cancelled or moved to a different venue if we can't drum up the numbers. So far it's 15 depending on dates which is pretty good I think. If anyone has any suggestions for the night it would be great to hear them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

I would love to hook up. We're former residents of Charlesland Grove and are living in Dublin at the minute until our new house in Charlesland Park is ready. Can't wait to get back!! Hopefully we'll be back in time for the get-together! (And the walks Foxy and Dublingirl if you're up for it ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Corkgal

Hi, just joined the site, looking for things to do/people to meet in area... would like to join in the cafe get together... Not a true Charlesland person, but just down the road in Delgany!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

hopefully due to move into the park very shortly so if we are in would love to join you x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

yes I'd be interested too! (formerly dubgirl)
    Neets & Foxy - looking forward to getting back to the walks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vanillaice

moving into the park, last row.... will be in by mid/late feb if not to late, count me in x 2. cant wait

Numbers are looking good now so I will post up more info tommorow night (date time ect.)
    It will be great to meet everyone. Hope this goes well and if it does we could have it on a regular basis.

Hi Foxy06, Any news of the night out?

sorry have not replied in a while but thought it might be better to leave it till the last few people were in the houses in the park. Thought that might be a good idea.

foxy06 wrote:
    sorry have not replied in a while but thought it might be better to leave it till the last few people were in the houses in the park. Thought that might be a good idea.

Good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MrsJ

We are due to move in to CP in a few weeks all going according to plan, if we are - count us in x2.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

:( im not sure if the cafe is open late anymore - i went over to check their menu at the weekend and there was a sign saying that they no longer serve food in the evenings (not sure if that means theyre not open at all or if theyre only open for wine and coffees??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

Hey there,

Been away most of January so only catching up on the latest news for meeting up. Think the cafe is shut in the evenings now, business must have been slow!

Has anything else been organised instead?

:D

• Advertisement

Right everyone the lads in the cafe would be delighted to hold an evening for all the charleslandians and I was looking for some info before a definite date is set.
    Would people prefer midweek or weekend?
    How much per head would you all like to pay so they can decide what sort of food to put on and would you all like to bring your own bottle of wine or have it supplied included in the price?
    Also I was thinking of having it on a ticket basis so we can get a definite idea of numbers as we were going to advertise it in superquinn too and some of the locals may not be familiar with the boards.
    Any info would be really helpful as Iv'e never organised a thing in my life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi Foxy, doing it on a ticket basis with the wine included may be the best way to go.

How would people feel about involving a local charity and any proceeds going to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Well to mention a charity, the Greystones First Responder would be a very good candidate ;)

That's if residents wish to nominate a charity at all

Can you count me in?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Please include me x 2. Sounds like it could be a great night. I think finger food would be the way to go with wine included.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RebekahF

It sounds like a super idea and if people have to buy tickets (and the money go to Charity) folk may be a little more committed to coming and there will be a good idea of numbers ?!

Anyway, count me x2 in for wine & nibbles! :)

ps - perhaps a Saturday night? Less people have to get home from work etc..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kirsten25

Count me in, I'm going Solo for all the singletons in Charlesland.

Count me in, any decision on a date?

I'll have a date posted tommorrow night without fail! I was hoping to get a bit more info on preferred dates but I'll just pick one that suits the cafe and go from there

Thats probably the best idea, otherwise we could be here forever and never get a date that suits everyone! You can have a bottle or 2 all for yourself for organising everything! :p

• Advertisement

or 3!!

Advertisement