Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question on immigration.

Options
  • 11-01-2007 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Just a question on immigration.

Do these boards allow any discussion or debate on immigration?

I see even now the latest immigration thread has been closed due to the moderator claiming Trolling. What is trolling anyway?

But my point is that all the immigrations threads on here soom to get closed why?

The immigration threads seem to have just about as much nonsense argued for and against as any other post or thread.

It would be nice to have real debate and discussion without threads being closed. And surely if someone is trolling ignore them? If there ignored then they will go away. But as already asked what is a troll?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 neolxp

Now please forward this thread to aonther relevant thread if this is the wrong place to make a complaint about a moderator.

I thought the Idea of boards were for open discussion, not childish behaviour.

Please look at my points below,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by irishlordknight
    Threads get closed because the OP hasnt replied to questions raised to him, however please dont forget some of us have to work and cant spend every single minute on the net!

Bull.In all my years reading and modding this forum,I think my inteligence is enough to work out the routine with most but not all of these threads (some are genuine).

BULL? What is this, and are you saying you close and ban people on guess work? So they dont have to break rules they just have to have adifferent point of view?

Quote:
    How many of you keep saying Anti immigration threads are started by stormfront members? Do you really know what you are saying? Stormfrony is a racist movement. MNow are you actually saying that most people that start immigration threads are racist? Surely claiming that fact without proof breaks the rules as well?

Bull.
    We take a view on this type of bull because well frankly theres no originality.
    It's the same premise every time.
    You lot don't even do a good job of making each one of these threads (when the humour takes you to visit us) that different from the next one.
    I guess thats a symptom of virulent racism - the need to get it out and express it over rules the ability to couch it properly.
    You might try harder the next time but remember , you are not dealing with eejits here.

BULL again? You do like this word dont you. Very Adult response NOT.

YOU LOT? Are you refering to a racist movement? Because saying someone is racist is in fact illegal unless of course you can back this up with proof.

These threads are similar because you keep closing them. So the whole discussion has to start from scratch yet again!

Quote:
    I for one am not anti immigration. However I do for one feel that immigration should be controlled. It is utter maddness to keep allowing uncontrolled EU citizens to keep coming to our country and undercutting Irish workers.

Bull.

You really like the word BULL dont you. this time you cant even be bothered to back up your response with a reason. IIsnt that against the Forums rules?

Quote:
    Now im sorry for any spell errors but i have to get back to work and havent time to spell check. Likewise I cant respond to this until later tonight or tommorow as CBB is on!

I presume you mean CBBC.

Oh Yes you have dropped the Word Bull now for a real Childish response!

How old are you?

I'm locking this thread now and banning you ILK for blatant trolling.
    This is a discussion forum and not your personal ignore valid backed up points arena or soapbox.

Trolling? Ignoring? I see that the poster had responded to questions put to him. I didnt know that responding to questions with good points were called Trolling. And i Further see that you closed the thread stopping any further discussion.

You are clever with your power arent you.

1, In fact your behaviour is Childish for one,
    2, illegal ( by calling someone a Racist when there not)
    3, You ddotn even allow discussion.

My Bet is you are Pro Immigration. And thus know you cant argue a good argument against this when you see it. So the easy step is to ban it if you dont like it.

There was someone else who used to do things like this, His Name was Called
    Hitler.

My guess is you are a little hitler!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Threads moved and merged.

Now you've been banned from here before. So you get to discuss this on this thread and this thread only. If you cause hassle or otherwise start giving out about moderators on any other thread on any other forum on this site, you will be banned immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well actually best use the ignore button below each persons user name

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

seamus wrote:
    Now you've been banned from here before.
    Many, many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

oscarBravo wrote:
    Many, many times.

for what?

if anyone is wondering why i am taking a interest in this its cause im in work bored waiting for a lift cause my bike has a puncture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

User45701 wrote:
    for what?

if anyone is wondering why i am taking a interest in this its cause im in work bored waiting for a lift cause my bike has a puncture
    We weren't wondering.

neolxp wrote:
    Do these boards allow any discussion or debate on immigration?
    I'll answer only on behalf of the Politics board. Discussion is allowed on any topic relevant to the board. Immigration threads tend to be short-lived because they tend to be started by users who have repeatedly re-registered to get around previous bans, in direct contravention of the charter. The same threads also tend not to lend themselves to interesting discussion, as the thread starters are short on facts and long on hysteria and hearsay.
    neolxp wrote:
    It would be nice to have real debate and discussion without threads being closed.
    If and when we see real debate and discussion on the anti-immigration side, I for one will welcome it. As long as it boils down to thinly disguised "bloody foreigners takin' our jobs" with nothing useful in the way of factual contribution or reasoned argument, that's not going to happen.
    neolxp wrote:
    And surely if someone is trolling ignore them? If there ignored then they will go away. But as already asked what is a troll?
    Trolling is against the charter, and as such the moderators won't be ignoring it.

I'm pretty sure you had trolling explained to you shortly before one of your many previous bans.

Yes Oscar Bravo please tell me how ive been banned before, Many Many Times, because this is news to me!

Its the same old rule isnt it, make it up and if you have power who can argue it!

User45701 wrote:
    for what?
    Re-registering (repeatedly) to evade bans. And being a muppet generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

His Name was Called Hitler.

You now entering the Godwin zone.
    Mind the Gap.

becauseican.jpg

Get used to it.

• Advertisement

neolxp wrote:
    Yes Oscar Bravo please tell me how ive been banned before, Many Many Times, because this is news to me!
    Well, you just admitted to being irishlordknight. I suppose the similarity of your username to neolxs is a total coincidence. I forget just how many times you re-registered in the days immediately after being banned as neolxs.
    neolxp wrote:
    Its the same old rule isnt it, make it up and if you have power who can argue it!
    You have a funny definition of "power".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

neolxp wrote:
    My Bet is you are Pro Immigration. And thus know you cant argue a good argument against this when you see it. So the easy step is to ban it if you dont like it.

Hitler.

Oh him and his multicultural agenda!

I'll answer only on behalf of the Politics board. Discussion is allowed on any topic relevant to the board. Immigration threads tend to be short-lived because they tend to be started by users who have repeatedly re-registered to get around previous bans, in direct contravention of the charter. The same threads also tend not to lend themselves to interesting discussion, as the thread starters are short on facts and long on hysteria and hearsay. If and when we see real debate and discussion on the anti-immigration side, I for one will welcome it. As long as it boils down to thinly disguised "bloody foreigners takin' our jobs" with nothing useful in the way of factual contribution or reasoned argument, that's not going to happen. Trolling is against the charter, and as such the moderators won't be ignoring it.

But you always ban immigration Threads. As stated you can see as much nonsense on any thread for and against things but these dont get banned or closed. As to people reregistering whats the real problem. IIf they came on swearing, shouting being Racist then fair enough ban them. But look at the last thread that was closed on immigration. ILK responded to questions asked of him, he wasnt racist, he was abusive he put a good case, but he then got banned and Thread Closed. The Mods response was act like a child and say BULL to everything!

As for Trolling what do you claim the deffinition of trolling to be? Because you seem to love using the word with immigration Threads.
    I'm pretty sure you had trolling explained to you shortly before one of your many previous bans.[/QUOTE]

oscarBravo wrote:
    Re-registering (repeatedly) to evade bans. And being a muppet generally.

I dont re-register. As you state please back you claim with fact!

A Muppet Generally?

Again a childish response! Something if I wrote imn sure you would ban me for?

Am I right?

If I called someone a muppet in Politics would you ban me?

If yes are you now going to ban yourself?

oscarBravo wrote:
    Well, you just admitted to being irishlordknight. I suppose the similarity of your username to neolxs is a total coincidence. I forget just how many times you re-registered in the days immediately after being banned as neolxs. You have a funny definition of "power".

Sorry where and when did I claim to be Irish Lord knight?

Neolxs Neolxp?

Your Point?

Back it up with facts!

Stark wrote:
    Oh him and his multicultural agenda!

So let him awnser the question. Is he pro or Anti.

Either way surely a moderator shouldnt have a view as how can he moderate fairly?

Oh nearly forgot they dont!

Let me guess: you just registered today, with a username that's virtually identical to one that got banned for trolling on immigration threads, happened to spot an immigration thread by someone else altogether, and immediately started complaining about how immigration threads are always getting closed in Politics, which you know despite only having signed up today.

Uh-huh.

oscarBravo wrote:
    Let me guess: you just registered today, with a username that's virtually identical to one that got banned for trolling on immigration threads, happened to spot an immigration thread by someone else altogether, and immediately started complaining about how immigration threads are always getting closed in Politics, which you know despite only having signed up today.

Uh-huh.

So you make decisions on guess work?

Not on fact?

So can I make Posts on threads and back up my points by guess work? Or do I need to back up my points with FACT?

Oh by the way you havent awnsered my point.

If I called someone a muppet on Politics would i be banned?

If yes are you going to ban yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

...and so to Stage 2

LittletinymanSelfDestruct.jpg

...might suprise you to learn that boards.ie has some border controls of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

neolxp wrote:
    Very Adult response NOT.
    Because saying someone is racist is in fact illegal unless of course you can back this up with proof.
    My Bet is you are Pro Immigration. And thus know you cant argue a good argument against this when you see it.
    Hitler.

I think I'm in love.

Under what Act is falsely calling someone a racist illegal? I love when people are pro- or anti- something when they have no good arguments for it. Who's this 'Called Hitler' fellow? This is a very adult response NOT.

• Advertisement

neolxp wrote:
    Educated guesses, yes.
    neolxp wrote:
    So can I make Posts on threads and back up my points by guess work? Or do I need to back up my points with FACT?
    Educated guesses would be a pleasant change, but if you're interested in getting people around to your point of view, facts would be better.

Not that you'll be posting on Politics, as you've re-registered to evade a ban.
    neolxp wrote:

Yes.
    neolxp wrote:
    I don't moderate Feedback.

And Then there was Silence, Becvause Oscar Bravo has now realised hes broken the Rules!

Tritname has realised most of his comments were BULL and not backed up with any real argument or FACTS. Opps another Rule Break,

Guess if the rules were applied correctly there would be no MODS Left in POLITICS!

neolxp wrote:
    His Name was Called Hitler

:D

I thought his name was Adolf Hitler.

And when asked his name he would reply 'my name is called Hitler'.
    neolxp wrote:
    My guess is you are a little hitler!

Anyone see the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry refers to his wife as a Hitler and Jeff's parents in law, who are Holocaust survivors, overhear? Priceless...

Ibid wrote:
    I think I'm in love.

Under what Act is falsely calling someone a racist illegal? I love when people are pro- or anti- something when they have no good arguments for it. Who's this 'Called Hitler' fellow? This is a very adult response NOT.

Well to make a claim that someone is Racist, Damages there Character if this point is false. Libel Laws!

As for my refer to Hitler, I didnt say someone was Hitler, but referred to a certain Dictaor called Hitler who used to Ban things that he disagreed with and didnt like!

neolxp wrote:
    And Then there was Silence, Becvause Oscar Bravo has now realised hes broken the Rules!
    We're not in Politics anymore, Toto.

So anyway, you were explaining to me how you'd never signed up on boards.ie before, and the only thing you're interested in discussing is how some complete strangers' threads keep getting closed because of muppetry. How exactly does that make sense, again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

neolxp wrote:
    As for my refer to Hitler, I didnt say someone was Hitler, but referred to a certain Dictaor called Hitler who used to Ban things that he disagreed with and didnt like!

That's nice. He also loved animals. Not saying that any of the mods here love animals of course, I'm just throwing irrelevant points into the discussion for the sake of it.

neolxp wrote:
    Well to make a claim that someone is Racist, Damages there Character if this point is false. Libel Laws!

Except you're hiding behind a user name, like all of us, and ergo noone knows whose character is damaged, and a claim could not be sustained...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This thread is making me smile.

Fight the power, dude!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neolxp

Educated guesses, yes.
    Quote:

Educated guesses would be a pleasant change, but if you're interested in getting people around to your point of view, facts would be better.

Not that you'll be posting on Politics, as you've re-registered to evade a ban.
    Quote:

Yes.
    Quote:

I don't moderate Feedback.

So is guess work within the Rules? Because you always bang on about FACT!

So you would Ban someone for using the word muppet despite calling someone this yourself?

HYPOCRITE COMES TO MIND!

But seeing as you like to stretch the rules id like to call you WANKER!

Oh and hear you go again, you claim ive re-registered, but you still cant back this up with any real facts. So you are now banning me from Politics for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Nobody knows you, or cares. But maybe you should call the cops and tell them about the naughty people on the internet...yeah, theyll hang up around then.

Advertisement