Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question on immigration.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

One thing I always loved about these threads was that back in the day, when they where more tolerated, they would get to a point where some muppet would say, "fuk off home yea foreigner blah blah blah", only to be met with "I am at home, with a nice cup of tea". As yes memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

neolxp wrote:
    Well to make a claim that someone is Racist, Damages there Character if this point is false. Libel Laws!
    Well that's assuming their character is damaged in the eyes of the public. Do you think your user profile, with all of your nine posts, has been damaged? I don't know who you are, and I don't think the public does either, so unless you'd like to openly state your name, location and place of work (maybe even include a phone number) I don't think you can be damaged.
    As for my refer to Hitler, I didnt say someone was Hitler, but referred to a certain Dictaor called Hitler who used to Ban things that he disagreed with and didnt like!
    Was he pro-immigration too?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Except you're hiding behind a user name, like all of us...
    Not I. I've never made a secret of my real identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 neolxp

Except you're hiding behind a user name, like all of us, and ergo noone knows whose character is damaged, and a claim could not be sustained...

Ahh But I could have a well established username that is known to all, also add to the fact that Moderators have access to Confidential information.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

neolxp wrote:
    blah blah blah blah blah CAPS blah blah blah CAPS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah CAPS

This guy's starting to bore me. When are we banning him?

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:
    This thread is making me smile.

Permission to laugh out loud?

I can feel the rage from here. It's the capitals, the strong language, the exclamation marks, there's enough pent up energy to power a little town there...

neolxp wrote:
    Ahh But I could have a well established username that is known to all
    But we don't know that so you're not being damaged. Let it be known your identity, sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

HYPOCRITE COMES TO MIND!
    No, because he is not a Moderator in Feedback - he is considered a regular user outside of all forums he moderates.
    But seeing as you like to stretch the rules id like to call you WANKER!
    The Admins, on the other hand...
    hear you go again, you claim ive re-registered, but you still cant back this up with any real facts.
    But I could have a well established username that is known to all
    *cough*

neolxp, please contact your administrator as soon as possible to request having your English Language Support pack reinstalled.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

neolxp wrote:
    Ahh But I could have a well established username that is known to all, also add to the fact that Moderators have access to Confidential information.

No they don't. Only SMods and Admins do.
    Stark wrote:
    This guy's starting to bore me. When are we banning him?

Ah, he's entertaining! Can we keep him, pleeeeeease?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

hh But I could have a well established username that is known to all, also add to the fact that Moderators have access to Confidential information.

12 posts? Yeah, youre a ****ing legend.

• Advertisement

neolxp wrote:

Well by all means let us know the Solicitor who gives you more than 10 minutes before showing you the door for wasting his time. That's not to criticise your fundamental point (I'm sitting back and enjoying the fireworks on that one) but that whole libel point is very very weak.

neolxp wrote:

What information is that. Come on back it up. What Confidential information does a moderator have access to? None. They know no more about you then any other user.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL a phoenix account and a very unoriginal one at that. I bet he's the life and soul of any party he attends.

No, because he is not a Moderator in Feedback - he is considered a regular user outside of all forums he moderates.

The Admins, on the other hand...

neolxp, please contact your administrator as soon as possible to request having your English Language Support pack reinstalled.

WHAT UTTER BOLLOCKS

BUT HEY SOD OSCAR BRAVO He just a twat anyway.

BYE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

I think we've lost him...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And make sure it's the British English one where "fact" is spelt in lower case. The Troll English locale is annoying.

Faith wrote:
    No they don't. Only SMods and Admins do.

No they don't have access to any confidential information.

He sure showed us the error of our ways :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Funny how IrishLordKnight gets banned and this muppet suddenly appears.....hmmmm

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:
    No they don't have access to any confidential information.

They can see IP and email addresses, if needs be.

They submitted their email address, that's not confidential by default? IP addresses are traced on every website you visit, it's like your phone number showing up when you ring somebody, so it's not confidential either.

Faith wrote:
    They can see IP and email addresses, if needs be.

Neither of which are confidential by any stretch of the imagination.

You send out you're IP address thousands of times within the space of a few hours. It would take about five minute for me to write a program to leach all the IP's off this thread. As for the email, well you tell them it, it's no longer private.

Ibid wrote:
    They submitted their email address, that's not confidential by default? IP addresses are traced on every website you visit, it's like your phone number showing up when you ring somebody, so it's not confidential either.

I assumed those details are what he was referring to. Must have misunderstood then.

Faith wrote:
    I assumed those details are what he was referring to. Must have misunderstood then.

They are, but he's wrong about them being confidential. And besides that there is no way for Joe Blogs to Trace either an email or an IP address to you, without breaking some law, or a court order.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

neolxp wrote:
    WHAT UTTER BOLLOCKS

BUT HEY SOD OSCAR BRAVO He just a twat anyway.

BYE!
    ...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why his immigration threads keep getting locked and he keeps getting banned.

Only said Bye as I was off to eat my tea.

I was just PM some intreasting news though.

It appears Gandalf and Oscar Bravo are Gay lovers from Nigeria and Romania.

They Have recently moved there 10 adopted romanian orphans to IReland and get upset when anyone tells the Politics forum how it is!

You know I'm tempted to start an Immigration thread. I bet it wouldn't be locked. But then again I'm not a racist twat so that probably increases my chacnes.

Gay lovers you say. ****ing hell. Romania you say. ****ing hell. Orphans to Ireland you say. ****ing hell. ****ing hell I say. ****ing hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Only said Bye as I was off to eat my tea.

I was just PM some intreasting news though.

It appears Gandalf and Oscar Bravo are Gay lovers from Nigeria and Romania.

They Have recently moved there 10 adopted romanian orphans to IReland and get upset when anyone tells the Politics forum how it is!

And the final card....
    muppetracist.jpg

Advertisement