Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belkin wireless router/modem and Eircom Broadband

• 11-01-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Just replaced the standard netopia modem for a belkin wireless router /modem. Wireless network connection is working fine but having difficulties with the internet connection. When I conect to the internet all appears fine but after about 1 minute IE displays that I am no longer connected to the internet. If I go to the routers web page and disconnect and connect the internet connection I can browse again but it will again lose connection 1 minute later. Anyone experience anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Try updating firmware for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Blustez

Thought of that and from the control planel tried to see if firmware needs updating but it says it is up to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Blustez wrote:
    Thought of that and from the control planel tried to see if firmware needs updating but it says it is up to date

Control panel won't tell you if your router has newer firmware. What model Belkin router do you have and what version of the firmware is on it? You can find that by opening the web interface of the router.

*Edit* You should be able to find the firmware for your router here.

Sorry by control panel I meant the routers web interface, which has a link to check if the firmware is up to date. Model is f5d7632-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Blustez wrote:
    Wireless network connection is working fine but having difficulties with the internet connection.

Is this...
    1. You can access your internal network perfectly without drops but can't always connect to the internet?
    2. The wireless access drops frequently and you cannot browse the network or internet.

Are there other wireless access points [neighbours] close to you? Do you see other Access Points in your list of available ones? If so, maybe your router is on a channel that is too close to a neighbours one. Move your wireless channel about 3 or 4 away from the others.

For example, lets say there are two other access points close to you. One is on channel 2 and the other is on channel 5, put yours to 10 or higher.

Do you have wireless ecurity enabled. If so, disable it and test. See if that makes a difference. This is not a long term solution.

If you connect to the router by cable, do you still experience the connection issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Had a similar problem with the netopia cayman and a linksys wireless, ended up using both, the netopia for the modem and the linksys as a wireless router. This coupled with network magic helped sort out 2 laptops desktop and pocket pc, only downside was had to disable netrwork security for the pocket pc to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm testing a Belkin Router for someone because they had problems with it randomly dropping the connection. But I've had not problem with it at all, even when I've had 3 or 4 machines connecting and hitting it hard. So I assume the original user must be having a problem the internet connection of the computer attached to it. Perhaps even they are having interference from another access point nearby. I've switched the channels from the default so maybe that's why I've had no problems.

Blustez have you tried without the using belkin at all but wired directly to the modem?

Gave up on it in the end, there was never any problem connecting to the wireless network, just with the internet connection when connected wirelessly. Both Belkins and Eircoms support were no help. Brought it back and got a netgear as a replacement, easiest setup ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3 katsha

I am having trouble as well with this piece of crap i bought belkin wireless router/modem. Model # F5D 9630-4. I can get access to the internet and open google etc but when i try to access e.g ryanair to buy tickets or access bebo, myspace or even microsoft.com internet explorer will not open the sites and eventually time out. It is not my internet settings as i brought a laptop home and found the same problem.
    Anyone help or will I just bin it.

Advertisement