Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox problem

• 11-01-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anybody has come across this problem before. I only got my xbox 360 for christmas and it works fine with 4 out of the 5 games I have. There is one game that just wont play. It boots to the point where your supposed to press the "start" button but thats it. Press start and nothing happens. First I thought it was the game so I took it back and got a replacement but thats still the same. Tried the game on a friends xbox 360 and it works fine, no problems. The game in question is dead or alive 4. As I said the other games work fine is there anything I need to do or have I got a dodgy console. I have done the latest update from ms but its still the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Try deleting all the save data for the game from the dashboard and see if it boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

All the save data from all games played? As I have never gotten dead or alive to work I have no save data from it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, just data from DoA4. Sometimes they create a profile for you as it boots up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I think its something to do with it being 60Hz, I remember having this problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

mcgovern wrote:
    I think its something to do with it being 60Hz, I remember having this problem with it.

Exactly.
    I'm guessing that you're using a non HDTV pissed.
    Basically, some games are made to only work on 60Hz standard TVs.
    Standard TVs in Ireland are pretty much all 50Hz. Don't worry though, unless your TV is more than a decade old, it's capable of accepting a 60 Hz setting.
    All you have to do is go into the settings menu on you Xbox dashboard (the purple page), and change it from 50 to 60 in the video tab.
    The game will work fine now.
    As McGovern said DOA4 was one of these games. I think GOW might be too.
    If I remember correctly, DOA came with a leaflet inside the box explaining it.
    That might be no longer given out, but it's worth taking a look if you're still confused.
    Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the game itself, you just have to adjust the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thanks for all the help. The 60Hz thing worked. It would be helpful if they put something in the game instructions about it. Anyway all sorted now thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

hey, i'm having similiar trouble but my tv wont work at 60hz. i thought it was a lcd tv when i bought it but its actually a monitor with tv tuner. it works fine except at 60hz. anyway around this 60hz?? a friend said something about a vga connector or cable or something like that. would that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

If your tv has a vga connector,you can get a 360 VGA CABLE, to connect to tv,the game should play in 720p hd mode at least ,as if you are connecting a pc to tv,and playing a pc game.what video connectors has the tv got,beside vga.if you are using scart use av1, scart 1 rgb/ext 1.scart 1 should be fully wired ,usually called av1,ext1 on tv.Game, gamestop stores ,even some golden discs have 360 cables in stock.

Advertisement