Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended wysiwyg editors

Options
  • 11-01-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

For most of the sites I develop, my clients like to use a wysiwyg editor to enter HTML, etc. Sometimes I can get away with just a textarea, but the times they are a-changing. I've started using SPAW (www.solmetra.com) and found it a bear to install and move but very nice when I could finally get it working. Yesterday, when looking for something else, I stumbled upon htmlArea which looks good to me too (although it only works in IE5 - I could only offer it as an option)

Can anyone recommend me some good online wysiwyg editors that can be integrated into php with little fuss and are hopefully free or cheap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Wrong board for this thread. Nothing to do with programming, more a Webmaster issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Read this somewhere, can't remember where.

A guy got a new development job and was given a Programming job to do (C++). A few weeks later the boss asked him was he near completion, he told him it was all finished, he was just debugging.

The boss said to him "I don't know whats wrong with you new programmers, you don't seem to know what your doing, I program in Frontpage all the time and i never have to debug anything. If you were a better programmer you wouldn't have to debug either."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Take a look at tinyMCE. Very very nice to use. Can go from basic text area which just allow bold, underline, italic to be added right up to it looking like a version of MSWord embedded in your page.

Good luck with the programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Corblimey, do you want me to move this over to webmaster/flash as TC suggested? You'll probably get a much better response over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Evil Phil wrote:
    Corblimey, do you want me to move this over to webmaster/flash as TC suggested? You'll probably get a much better response over there.
    Thanks, Phil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

i use NVU, URL="http://www.nvu.com/index.php"]NVU[/URL it a handy little app and is opensource aswell. does most of what i need it for.

Advertisement