Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fans in a p180

Options
  • 11-01-2007 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

i just ordered a p180 and i'm going to be fitting it with a dual rad and i was wondering if the fans in the p180 are noisy cause i'm trying to keep this as quiet as possible so i'd like to order fans to replace them if it is they case they're like a hurricane. any feedback on this would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

get the sythe 1200rpm of ocuk there great and you can just turn them down to 800 when ya want them pure silent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

requiem1 wrote:
    i just ordered a p180 and i'm going to be fitting it with a dual rad and i was wondering if the fans in the p180 are noisy cause i'm trying to keep this as quiet as possible so i'd like to order fans to replace them if it is they case they're like a hurricane. any feedback on this would be great

All the fans in the P180 are 'Tricool' fans. They have switches on them for low/med/high operation have mine on medium and cannot hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Personally I found them louder than I would of liked. Maybe louder isn't the right word, but the noise they made grated on my ears (i.e. i'd rather a higher db whirr than a lower db clicking) Also I found after only a week or so 2 of the fans would start making a grating noise on startup for about 5 minutes then it would go.

I had mine on the low setting.

I've since replaced all my P180 fans with Scythe Sflex fans and they are much quieter and the noise they do make is a lot more bareable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Yeah i have the a P180 as well and even on low i'm well aware of the fans. i'm actually gonna do a water cooling system any way for it soon hopefully it will solve my noise issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I've got the P180 also and I think they could be a bit quieter but I'm quite happy at the moment.

Check out this linky for more options
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/article695-page6.html

Q

• Advertisement
Advertisement