Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband modem goes ballistic

Options
  • 11-01-2007 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone else had this happen? I've got a Zyxel Prestige 600 series broadband modem from Esat/BT. I started to hear an odd audible click or two from it now and again. But just now it's gone mad for about a minute solid. I thought it was going to clap out totally. The unit is about 2 years old at this stage.

This may be a good time to ask if it's possible to get other models. Not that I'm unhappy with it, or my service. I regularly see download speeds exceeding 200kbs. Depending on where they're downloading from, of course.

Damo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

DamoRed wrote:
    Hi all,

Has anyone else had this happen? I've got a Zyxel Prestige 600 series broadband modem from Esat/BT. I started to hear an odd audible click or two from it now and again. But just now it's gone mad for about a minute solid. I thought it was going to clap out totally. The unit is about 2 years old at this stage.

This may be a good time to ask if it's possible to get other models. Not that I'm unhappy with it, or my service. I regularly see download speeds exceeding 200kbs. Depending on where they're downloading from, of course.

Damo

Death to the modem! ring Bt and say the modem is faulty after 2 years they should replace it no problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

My modem, the same as yours, makes that clicking sound as it is resetting itself. In my case, it was because bittorrent was overloading the nat table, causing it to have a fit and die for a moment.

Advertisement