Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with vpn setup

Options
  • 11-01-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've to setup a VPN in our office and I'm having a few problems. We have an eircom connection with the default netopia router as our modem \ firewall. For DHCP we use windows server 2003.
    We have a checkpoint vpn-1 edge firewall that isn't being used and I would like to setup this as both our hardware firewall and as the vpn server. Although using this as a firewall isn't a necessarity.

Has anyone setup these together and can give me details on it. What I've tried so far is

1) setup the netopia in bridge mode and use the checkpoint for the pppoe connection. The netopia was setup correctly and I could use another router with it but the checkpoint wouldn't connect.

2) I also tried to setup the netopia in IPpassthrough mode directly to the checkpoint but this didn't work either.

If necessary we would be willing to change our DSL modem, if anyone has any suggestions on a good one to use for this purpose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Hi Mat

Had a client which I installed an SG300 recently and the problem lay firmly at teh feet of that f*king netopia router, put it in bridged mode and no joy, reset it, call eircom, get it back working etc etc, set up a rule in the standard setup to allow VPN, turned the firewall to medium or low can't remember but that now works a treat.

Spent a day looking for pinholes for remote access, complete pain in the arse, plus it was a 2 hour drive from me.

Advertisement