Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360

Options
  • 11-01-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

ok so i've gottten some advice in the xbox forum about this but i thought i might get more info here

ok so i recieved my xbox back form repair/replacement from microsoft just yesterday (thursday) and it was working fine.

i went to game and paid E45 for a game.

i put the game in the xbox and it said 'disc unreadable'

all other games and dvd's are working fine

so i went back to game with this story.

the guy there said 'it was the xbox that did it there is nothing i can do'

so where do i stand???

is the game retailer obliged to do something because i bought the game from them or is it up to microsoft??

i'm E45 out of pocket and i wanna suss it out

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Game only have responsibilty if the game is "faulty".

Try it in sombody elses xbox. If it doesnt work in the other xbox then chances are its faulty then they have to replace it or give you a refund.

If it does work in another xbox then its obiviously your machine at fault and not the game. In this case GAME are not obliged to do anything, the nice thing to do would be to offer your store credit but theres no way theyre going to give you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

sorry sorry sorry i left out the most important bit

the disc is scratched after being in the xbox for 10 seconds.

your man in the shop said it was lazer burn but why is it only on this disc??

thats my case

sorry can't believe i didn't mention that

soletssay it was microsofts fault...could i get onto them for a refund of the price of the game?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

laser burn, really? :rolleyes:
    Its not like dvd drives use killer lasers, there extremely low power and couldn't even damage a piece of paper.

However if he's right, I could get thousands of them together and build a death star! mwhahaha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Laser burn sounds pure crap alright. Hate the way these game shops treat all of us as youngsters who don't have a clue and I am far from a youngster! Bought a PS2 as my old one broke over Christmas and assistant treated me like right thicko over returning it (but not rude all the same).
    Microsoft e-mail I think, they are a much bigger power especially stating what shop said and demand your money. Failing this, consumer agency for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

This was a frequent problem with PS2s a few years ago.. in fact it's the mount of the laser touching the disc as it spins which very quickly wears a circular scratch into the disc. Apparently it happens with the 360 if it's moved (at all!!) whilst the disc is spinning inside. Don't know if it neccasarily a fault in the machine or user error.. but Microsoft (of course) insist it's always due to the user moving the machine....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Cabaal wrote:
    laser burn, really? :rolleyes:
    Its not like dvd drives use killer lasers, there extremely low power and couldn't even damage a piece of paper.

However if he's right, I could get thousands of them together and build a death star! mwhahaha ;)

I doubt its laser burn :rolleyes: :p Don't know what that guy was on. But I have seen the 360 do that to games before. It leaves a circular scratch that ruins the game. We have had people bring games back looking for a refund,saying it doesn't happen to any of their other games. But the console still did it to that one game so we are not obligated to give them anything.

Advertisement