Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy Chrome Lip Repair

Options
  • 12-01-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have a few kerb marks on the chrome lip on my alloy. Anyone know where I can get this sorted? The alloy themselves are perfect, but just the lip.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It depends on the wheel and how much you want to pay for it ! I magaed to repair two wheels on my CLK, they have a polished finish i.e not painted. The tyre fitter damaged one and my wife was forced onto the kerb by an idiot driver !

Anyway I fixed them myself, Halfords do a repair kit, which is handy if you have painted wheels, but I just used some 800 & 1000 grade paper, dry then wet. When I was happy with the finish I masked the wheel and heated it with a hairdryer and sprayed some laquer onto it. Repeated a few times and wet sanded till it was perfect !

Other than that they only folk I know that do a 100% job on ANY wheel is www.nulukwheels.com, they collect from Dublin, I have seen their work and it is factory perfect. Not sure of the cost !

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Give this guy a bell just off Pearse Street. He did a smashing repair job on two of my ST alloys
    Eblana - 6761382 - Frank McDonald

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

sneakyST wrote:
    Give this guy a bell just off Pearse Street. He did a smashing repair job on two of my ST alloys
    Eblana - 6761382 - Frank McDonald

Cool, any ideas on price?

@ MercMad, yeah i was thinking of that. The alloys themselves are perfect (black spokes). Its literraly just the edging of the lip that sits beside the rubber. Was driving out of Dundrum shopping centre and clipped the kerb with both wheels :(

Advertisement