Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iframe alternative?

Options
  • 12-01-2007 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

Is there any alternative to iframes?

im on a hosting service that has an add as an Iframe and i ise this....

}
    iframe {display:none;!important;
    }

....in the Css style sheet so it doesn't display, works fine...

but i want to add an iframe from a different page, is it possible to specify the certain iframe to be used or does the code i use in the stylesheet overide it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, you can simply override your original style

So
    iframe {
          display:none;
    }
    iframe.myIframe {
          display: block;
    }

The declaration that appears *last* in the sheet is the one that takes precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

k, thanks, the iframe i dont want is still blocked, which is grand but how do i add the iframe i want to be seen?

do i put the url or the frame name somewhere in the code u posted?

http://mylink.com/maintext.htm

is the iframe i want to be visible in the main page.

and heres the code i used for where it's placed.

<IFRAME name="insideframe" src="http://mylink.com/maintext.htm&quot; name="insideframe" width="462" height="696" margin="0" scrolling="yes">

</IFRAME>

=/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

<IFRAME name="insideframe" src="http://mylink.com/maintext.htm&quot; name="insideframe" width="462" height="696" margin="0" scrolling="yes" class="myIframe">

</IFRAME>

If I'm not mistaken...

I love you,

well both of you :)

thanks a lot!

k one more thing... instead of making a new threadi thought id post it here..

i was on domaintools.com for my domain name and as i was reading through about the site and all the details about it, everything was fine, but i noticed this lil line

SEO Score: 58%
    Meta Relevance: 45%
    Terms: 36 (Unique: 31, Linked: 16)
    Links: 13 (Internal: 7, Outbound: 5)
    iFrames: 1 Warning: parts of page not indexable by most search engines.

What's with that! is it an Iframe problem or sometihng with the hosting/doamin service

also whats the SEO score, is that a bad meta relevence? and one mroe thing, what is the terms bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (or Optimizing depending on who you talk to) which relates to you ranking in search engine results. The warning line means your iframe will not be included when search engines index your page. This means the content of the iframe will not be included in when the search engines rank you site.

It would be a good idea to ask over on the Webmaster & Flash forum too.

Advertisement