Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else ever thought of eggs as...

• 12-01-2007 3:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

...nothing but chicken periods?

'Cos that's essentially all they are, the expelled unfertilized eggs of chickens.

Someone who I used to know pointed this out to me once and it put me off eggs for a while, but i got over it 'cos i love eggs so much, but i still get a little uncomfortable when I'm cooking eggs and that thought pops into my head.

I suppose it would be a good way for people trying to become vegans to cut eggs out of their diet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Conar

Side tracking here but are people actually vegetarians if they eat eggs?

If so I think its a little too convenient that they call themselves vegetarians when I'm supposedly not allowed eat fish and still call myself vegetarian!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Hmmm, is there a board that approves ones membership to be included as a vegetarian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Conar

:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Vegetarians don't eat anything that includes anything from a dead animal. Chickens don't have to die to produce eggs, and most eggs we eat aren't fertilized

Yeah I think ever since i've become veggie i definately haven't been eating eggs as much. It doesn't seem right. I don't think it's right to eat dairy either but eggs are too close to a living thing for my liking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Conar wrote:
    Side tracking here but are people actually vegetarians if they eat eggs?

yes, yes they are. eggs aren't the dead flesh of an animal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 viggi-tea

Eggs definitely creep me out since I became Vegan. But even before, they were kind of off putting. I always hated that wierd sticky stringy bit that would hang on to the shell... *Shudder*

Sorry for the image... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

...nothing but chicken periods?

'Cos that's essentially all they are, the expelled unfertilized eggs of chickens.

QUOTE]
    I am wondering if we have met because I have been putting this idea about for at least 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Probably not, being that you're from Waterford and the aforementioned person was from Ballyfermot and last i knew, a few months ago, still is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

interesting thought.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I always thought of them as that, desn't really bother me at all.
    I'm not squeamish, if I give something up it will be for a different reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I can't say the thought has ever crossed my mind but now that you mention it I would have to say no I don't think of eggs as being chicken periods.

cozmik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

yeah ive been thinking it too, since i became vegetarian ive hardly eaten any egss at all....and im thinking about maybe giving them up anyway, as a first step to going vegan.

Advertisement