Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really annoying charity collectors on High Street

• 12-01-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭

Wtf is going on the last few days on High st? I'm nearly afraid to walk down the main street of my own city for fear of being cornered by those bloody charity collectors wanting to sign me up for something- think it's Sightsavers which I know is a good cause but their approach I really dont appreciate!

They lunge forth towards you and try to shake your hand (and then obviously corner you!). I was approached three times walking down from Supermcacs to the Market Cross entrance.. Personally I think they should be banned from collecting at all like this buts that just my opinion...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Chuggers :mad:

I can't even be polite with them any more. Just grunt NO at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

They're everywhere. They followed me around on my lunch break, and then back into the shop where I worked. Had to threaten him with calling the cops before the fcuker would go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Nightwish wrote:
    They're everywhere. They followed me around on my lunch break, and then back into the shop where I worked. Had to threaten him with calling the cops before the fcuker would go away.

Maybe its because you look loaded:D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Same thing with any of these 'types'... (like cold callers on the phone or at the door), give them a firm but marginally polite 'no thank you'.
    That's your conscience clear.
    Don't ever engage them. If they don't get the message from my initial 'no thank you' and try to engage with me, then i'll tell them to fcvk off. It's simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I had one call to my door recently.

Politely told him i give to two charities as it is. Listed my two charities. He replies "oh but most people now give to three dont you know?"

*door closes*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

BingoBongo wrote:
    Maybe its because you look loaded:D

On an Argos wage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I just say to them, Sorry, I only deal with the Organ Grinder,Not the monkeys

Works everytime!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Ha ha. Nice one. I find the thousand yard stare works every time. That and the evil eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

"big issue?"

Fcuk off nana*

*thats what i call them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It surely can't be that hard to get a job in Dunnes...

• Advertisement
Advertisement