Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park & Ride

Options
  • 12-01-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just a caution, my house mate left her car at the Dart park & ride on Wednesday night and went to collect it yesterday morning only to find the passenger door window was smashed in :mad: . There was 7 other cars there all with windows smashed some had ALL there windows done :eek: So she reckons she was lucky! Nothing was taken just pure vandalism. The Guards said the CCTV are live down there so hopefully the scumbags who did it will be caught!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's not good news, especially since a lot of people will leave their cars there overnight (rather than drive home after a pint in town, for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Our car was one of the ones that was broken into on Wednesday night - the windows were smashed in, car kit broken, cds nicked, and a few scratches and dents on the doors and boot for good measure. It was the first and last time we parked in the park and ride. :mad:

We reckon it was only some young gurriers - as they didn't try to steal the car - just set about wrecking it. :( Hopefully the cops will catch them and they will get what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So where's the mailshot explaining the plans to secure what is probably one of the most important amenities in the town for most of the dormitory residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,

I was one of the lucky ones last week to have parked and not had my car done. Sympathies to those of you who were in the unlucky position. I'd like to know what the local council is doing to prevent this from happening again? They aren't slow to fine you for parking up nearer the DART station (where it is actually convenient for the train!) Are they trying to convince people to drive to work instead?

I was anxious parking again there today. Lots of broken glass around. You wonder how regular these things happen. If the council are aware of this why don't they even clear up the mess after. The broken glass is a welcome-in sign for further vandalism I would have thought.

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

apparently the guards have identified 3 of the lads involved..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

dubsgirl wrote:
    apparently the guards have identified 3 of the lads involved..

Excellent (as long as it's not a slap on the wrists and "please don't do that again!")

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

i wonder are these the same guys that broke into my hubby's car and stole his laptop and camera? he was parked just up from park and ride. guards told us that they hop on a dart to greystones, have a mooch around close to the station, smash and grab, and they're back on the dart and away before you know it.

Advertisement