Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth car kits

• 12-01-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a standard nokia 'wired' kit but this ties me to a very specific range of phones, so I want the flexibility of changing phones that a bluetooth kit will give me.

Can anyone recommend a really good bluetooth car kit that will integrate with the cars radio for auto muting and use the stereo's speakers rather than a dedicated speaker ?

I regularly do conference calls from the car and need a high quality kit.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

There are some of the lidl bluetooth car steros knocking about. Check out the thread in bargain alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

kearnsr wrote:
    There are some of the lidl bluetooth car steros knocking about. Check out the thread in bargain alerts

yes, I hear they are good alright but I'm looking for a car kit that will integrate into an existing factory fit head unit.

Any such thing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I know its been recommended already but the aldi kit I got yesterday really is top quality, speaker integrated into head unit , auto muting- un-muting (is it a word?!) , ipod/mp3 player connectivity, plays mp3 cd's and I had it fitted in 2 minutes, all for €130.

My dads fited a nokia system in his car and the sound quality is terrible compared to my cheap and chearful aldi one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'd recommend a Parrot CK3100.

http://parrot.biz/usa/products/ck3100-lcd

It has an LCD screen, supports most factory fitted and aftermarket headunits (best to check compatibility before you buy) and sound quality is very good indeed (V. important).

I believe it will also relay Sat Nav directions if I can get my Sat Nav software working on my 6280...

I got 1 of them online and fitted it myself - very easy if your stereo has ISO connectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The Parrot kits are very good and worth the money.

I have a Nokia CK-7W which seems to be the standard install for a lot of companies and I can't think of anything bad to say about it.

You'll need a lead specific to your car to integrate into the stereo. I got one for about €40.

Hope this helps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

forgot to say thanks for the feedback lads. have the new car now, so will be looking into these options in the coming days.

not being too technical, not havng much spare time, and not wanting to make a hash of my nice dash, I'll be getting the pro's to do the supply and install for me.

Advertisement