Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony HD 20" TV - Good Value or not?

• 12-01-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Can anybody advise me please re purchase of a tv. Not knowing the difference between all the different types, I have been told that the following is a good deal. Never seems to amaze me!! Years ago, the content of programming was good with inferior old style TV`s. Nowadays, technology has moved on greatly with all different types of TV`s, more channels, and limited good quality TV! Yawn!

Anyhow, this is the offer! A Sony HD 20" for €599. Can anybody direct me to a better deal than this? Am I getting a good deal in a small town in the West of Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

IMHO I would not spend this amount on such a small screen TV, I'm of the opinion that HDTV needs a large (36"+) screen before you start reaping benefits.
    You also need to consider what you are feeding it, ariel, cable, satellite

The best bit of advice I can give is to trail back through this forum as this query - although not specifically asked - has really been answered previously multiple times.
    Also try the Bargain Alerts forum, Biz-Consumer-Bargain Alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Thanks for the advice. We are on Horizon (cable) not digital with just the basic 10 channels.

Advertisement