Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee grinder

• 12-01-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi, I've been using pre-ground for a while and want to try grinding my own beans. Any uggestions on where to by a manual grinder? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I think that most coffee shops that sell beans will sell grinders too. Might be worth checking out a starbucks or gloria jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

smoke wrote:
    Hi, I've been using pre-ground for a while and want to try grinding my own beans. Any uggestions on where to by a manual grinder? Thanks.

Why not get an electrical grinder? You'd be forever grinding the beans otherwise.

You can pick up a decent enough one in Argos or PowerCity for around €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In Holland, many people still use a wall mounted grinder similar to this one .. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270078005905&ih=017&category=63534&rd=1

Not inconvenient at all, you keep the beans in the large container and just grind as much coffee as you need into the little glass container each time. It's quicker than you might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Alun that is a most fabulous looking piece, didnt know such a thing existed. Thanks for that, Im going to look around for one of those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement