Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery/Service Price

Options
  • 12-01-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Have a punto. Need to get it serviced and change the battery as its not holding the charge. Was on to a garage here and they were looking for 170 including 80 for the new battery - does this seem a bit high?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

For service and a battery it sounds just ok, depends on what they're going to do though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

basic service I guess...

Its Advance - they can do it tomorrow whereas another garage I rang cant do it til feb and i think the battery is on its last legs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

All garages are very busy for the month of Jan, you need to try and find a garage that isn't supplying new cars - they won't be as busy.
    If you've only tried 2 garages I'd have another look round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

True, good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If you're getting the battery changed make sure you have your radio codes etc. with you

Your immoboliser might need re-syncing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

looking for 170 including 80 for the new battery - does this seem a bit high?

So €90 Euro for a service. Must be just a lube service. The parts for a full service would likely cost that, never mind the labour required to servive it properly.

Advertisement