Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Surprise here anyway- KK County Council one of most underfunded

Options
  • 12-01-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

This will be no surprise to anybody either living or doing business here that our CoCo and consequently our infrastructure is one of the most undefunded in the country. Once again we are scraping the bottom of the barrel as regards funding and it all comes back to our TD's total lack of clout at cabinet level.
    Link to article;
    http://www.kilkennyadvertiser.ie/index.php?aid=4169

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Lack of clout or lack of willingness to do anything about it?

If its the latter thats why I won't be voting for them in the upcoming election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JohnMc1 wrote:
    Lack of clout or lack of willingness to do anything about it?

It's definitely more the latter. We have John 'rebel without a cause' McGuinness attacking his own govt policies locally in KK but when in the Dail obvioiusly votes with his party; He and MJ Nolan (the guy who 'rebelled' against the Taoiseach a few months back) are supposed to be representing KK and ensuring we get a fair share of investment to the s east.
    Unfortunately they don't get on with any of the senior Cabinet with the result we don't 'get things done' here. I mean case in point being the utter failure to secure a few million to realign that treachous stretch of N76 Callan road, a complete accident failure and really and truly a dismal reflection on the above TDs to deliver for the constituency.
    I could go on and on all night about it really..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Politicians are, in general, a bad bunch. Kilkenny politicians are even worse. The inability to 'get things done' as they may claim they do is known throughout the county yet we still elect these useless people. Why, because there is no real represtentive in kilkenny policitics that really represents the people. Another thing id like to raise in this thread since we are being all serious, is the power that these people yield in the county. They have too much power and not enough connection with the people. These people think that without them the county would fall apart and that they must 'control' it. I think the county would be better off without them. I too, will not be voting in the next election.

Advertisement