Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E61

• 12-01-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing an Nokia E61 does anyone have this and is it a good idea?

When reading up on this, I looked up accessories and it showed me Nokia ND-3W which is a gps system compatable with this phone. Is it any good for Ireland mapping? I already own a garmin streetpilot sat nav but was wondering about this system for the phone.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I had 2, both were unstable pieces of sh!t, which I was very annoyed about.

If you are getting it from Vodafone then be prepared for a whole load of problems.

My advice (if you can afford it) is to get an unbranded one or get a Vodafone one and get it flashed with the original Nokia software.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭handyman

Thanks for the prompt reply ktric - when u say they were pieces of s**t, do u mean the phone itself or the gps system?

What mobile would u recommend as Im buying an upgrade today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

handyman wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing an Nokia E61 does anyone have this and is it a good idea?

When reading up on this, I looked up accessories and it showed me Nokia ND-3W which is a gps system compatable with this phone. Is it any good for Ireland mapping? I already own a garmin streetpilot sat nav but was wondering about this system for the phone.

Any help appreciated

We have a number of them in the office, I flashed my own with the latest generic ver 3 firmware, the others are running Vodafone brand ver 1 (I believe there is now a Vodafone V2 available), never had a problem with any of them.

They all use push email to our Exchange 2003 SP2 server using Nokia's free Mail4Exchange software and this works extremely well.

As for GPS, any Symbian S60v3 GPS software should work on them.

The large screen is excellent for email and web browsing.

Also looked at Palm 750v, however smaller screen, smaller resolution and no WiFi, delighted we went with E61s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

handyman wrote:
    Thanks for the prompt reply ktric - when u say they were pieces of s**t, do u mean the phone itself or the gps system?

What mobile would u recommend as Im buying an upgrade today?

Sorry, I just re-read my post and realised that it doesn't make much sense :rolleyes:

I'll start again...

Vodafone software on E61 = absolute muck

Reflash phone with original Nokia software and you'll be fine. Sorry I haven't used the GPS addon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

best phone i've used in years. best os i've used in years. qwerty keyboard is very lovable after you get used to it, faster than a stylus wifi is good. batt is good (1650mA i think), a lot better than N80 (820mA) for example.. using vodafone branded E61, haven't bothered to flash.. and I'm not traumatized.. recommended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement