Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news of Croke Park tickets

• 12-01-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭

The last I heard was that block bookers were offered tickets and had until mid December to apply to the FAI.

Have any block bookers or those on the waiting list (or anyone else) heard anything since?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Completed applications for those on the waiting list had to be submitted by today, so I would imagine people will hear in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I forgot to mail them in time so I had to go up to the offices today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Thats interesting. So they've asked for requests from those on the waiting list prior to letting the block bookers know whether they've been successful or not...

For those on the waiting list - could you order as many tickets as you like, or were you restricited to X per person?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Im on the waiting list and the only thing it said was to keep your application for tickets to a realistic level. It didnt say if their was any limit on how many you could order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

im on the waiting list and i got my app mid december for tickets. as above, it said keep it realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I get mine through a club block booking, haven't heard anything yet. Can't imagine that anyone previously on a block booking will lose out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

nah if your on a club block booking you'll still get them, we do

i'm also on the waiting list, was up at the FAI offices on friday applied for 4 tickets for all the games. hopefully i'll be on the proper list when the new landsdowne is finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

What are the chances of general sale tickets becoming available for the games in Croke Park .Would there be many available to the general public ?
    I missed out on applying .

Cheers

andrew1977 wrote:
    What are the chances of general sale tickets becoming available for the games in Croke Park .Would there be many available to the general public ?
    I missed out on applying .

Cheers
    Thats the big question, along with will those who applied receive 100% of the tickets applied for or will there be a scaling back? All depends on how many tickets the clubs, block bookers and those who were on the waiting list applied for. I havent heard if the FAI have set a date where they'll get back to everyone...

To those on the waiting list - were you allowed apply to all areas of the ground (other than the Hill, which it seems is reserved for away fans) or where there some areas gone already or "restricted availability" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

To those on the waiting list - were you allowed apply to all areas of the ground (other than the Hill, which it seems is reserved for away fans) or where there some areas gone already or "restricted availability" ?

There was no limitations on what area's you could apply for.

Canal upper and lower along with Hogan upper and Cusack upper were 50 euro. While Hogan and Cusack lower were 70 euro.

General consensus is that with the goals being placed on the 22 line the canal is not the best place to be.

• Advertisement

Bluetonic wrote:
    General consensus is that with the goals being placed on the 22 line the canal is not the best place to be.

Jeez, I didnt think they'd crop the pitch by that much. I wonder will they keep it centred or put it closer to the Canal End, or closer to the Hill... You'd think they'd try and keep it closer to the Canal End - especially with the tradition of having a core element of the more boisterous fans behind the goals.

In any event the centre of the Canal End would be better than the corners of Canal-Cusack and Canal-Hogan.

I presume the vast majority of people have asked for Cusack or Hogan tickets. I wonder what procedure the FAI have for deciding who gets the centre tickets, the end tickets and who gets the Canal (assuming Cusack and Hogan are over-subscribed).

On the subject of pricing - does anyone think its worth a €20 premium to get a lower stand ticket rather than upper stand?

Personally I'd pay up to a €5 premium to get upper rather than lower, but thankfully I'm odd in that respect so the issue never arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bluetonic wrote:

****, I never even thought of that, I applied for Canal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i applied for the canal until my dad told me the same

i applied for 4 tickets, pretty average i'd say, upper hogan/cusack

could be decent seating so long as its no the very back of the upper tier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Folks,

anyone on the waiting list hear anything back yet? Any block bookers hear anything either? Its getting close enough to the fixtures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

No I haven't heard anything. I was on the waiting list and submitted my application like everyone else....

hopefully they let us know soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

hey fellas, looks like some people got the letters back from the fai, the worrying thing is that he was a block booker, he asked for lower hogan/cusack (which i did too) and was offered only upper davin, which is pretty ****ty tbh http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=52326 .

cant believe they are only offering upper canal to existing block bookers, doesnt bode well for us minnons on the waiting list.

joe316 wrote:
    cant believe they are only offering upper canal to existing block bookers, doesnt bode well for us minnons on the waiting list.

Well not everyone is going to be satisfied with their demands.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Doesnt look good for us waiting listers at all. I think the FAI are doing their usual trick and treating the suits better than the real fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well it's up on the FAI website today. Link
    FAI Allocates Tickets for Croke Park Matches
    Date: Tuesday, 06 February 2007
    Section: FAI News
    All existing FAI block bookers, clubs, supporter groups, leagues and affiliates are receiving confirmation of their ticket allocations this week. This follows a hugely increased demand for the home matches. Over 12,000 fans who had previously been on waiting lists for tickets have also had their ticket requests accommodated.

The home supporter capacity of 67,000 is now sold out with all stand and premium seats allocated leaving a limited number of Corporate Box seats available.

The Association is installing seats on the Northern terrace at Croke Park in line with UEFA/FIFA regulations and the Wales and German FAs have been allocated this seated capacity of 6500. Discussions are ongoing with the Slovakian and Cypriot FAs regarding their take up of seats. Depending on the take up by these Associations, this may result in some limited capacity being available for Irish fans for these two matches only.

Notification of the ticket allocations should be completed by the end of this week.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Haven't recieved anything back from them other than the confirmation of my place in the waiting list. Hopefully will get tickets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

If anyone has any spares for the soccer matches in Croke park, i would be more than willing to take them off your hands,
    appreciate either 1 or 2 tickets for any match.
    I also posted on the soccer ticket request thread.
    Fingers crossed a couple of tickets turn up somewhere along the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I think it's disgrace that there isnt any tickets going on general sale! i've been goin to ireland matchs for years and was all ways able to get tickets on general sale including qualifiers, it's a perfect example of the FAI screwing over the general fan :mad:

woodyg wrote:
    I think it's disgrace that there isnt any tickets going on general sale! i've been goin to ireland matchs for years and was all ways able to get tickets on general sale including qualifiers, it's a perfect example of the FAI screwing over the general fan :mad:

Rubbish, the majority of competitive international matches do not go on general sale.

Fair play to the FAI for rewarding those who are willing to commit to buy tickets for every match, namely the block bookers and those on the waiting list.

Just thinking that myself! I was wondering how I never could buy tickets for the competitive matches! I am on the waiting list for at least 4 years now and I think that its only fair that the FAI allocate to the supporters clubs and blockbookers first! After that the waiting list should be dealt with on the basis that those longest on the list should be offered first until all the tickets are gone! (I think that would be fair but im a little biased!!) Im a little worried because I've heard that some of the blockbookers have been placed in the davin! I'm not sure how that works if they should get first preference!

woodyg wrote:
    i've been goin to ireland matchs for years and was all ways able to get tickets on general sale including qualifiers
    You sure about that? I think you might be telling porkies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I personally have never been able to find stuff on general sale, which I why I forked out lots of money for the quadruple booking thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

eh, i'm in a block, im sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

me too god willing.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Rubbish, the majority of competitive international matches do not go on general sale.

Fair play to the FAI for rewarding those who are willing to commit to buy tickets for every match, namely the block bookers and those on the waiting list.
    Exactly. Dunno what the hell woody's going on about. Whatever about all the many failings of the FAI, it is the committed fan who gets looked after first via the block booking scheme. And everybody had the chance to get on the waiting list before Christmas if they were willing to commit to all 4 home games. Can't get any fairer than that.

Just saw this on the FAI website
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1673
    The Association is installing seats on the Northern terrace at Croke Park in line with UEFA/FIFA regulations and the Wales and German FAs have been allocated this seated capacity of 6500.

Renaming Hill 16 will go down really well in GAA circles :p

• Advertisement

Got my letter and posted it back again with the cheque. They increased my/our allocation from two four as requested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Typical FAI, they don't even give the Hill to Irish fans. What a joke.

The only thing "World class" about them is their practice of Muppetry. I'm seriously beginning to think that Jim Henson was actually a board member.

Who the **** wants the North Terrace? Sit out in the pissing rain ;) It is the ideal spot for away fans.

Looking forward to giving my inspirational FAI banners a bigday out in Croker.

The only thing "World class" about them is their practice of Muppetry. I'm seriously beginning to think that Jim Henson was actually a board member.
    Because of all the yobs that follow soccer across channel and across the world, there has to be segregation at international soccer matches. So the Hill is the natural place to put the away fans. Not that they'll be the only ones to get wet if it rains - the majority of people in the lower deck will get wet too. Croke Park is a summer stadium!

Another ill-informed and ignorant comment.

Just got a letter yesterday for 4 tickets in the davin stand. I was position # 450 or so on the waiting list(put my name down about 4 years ago!). A friend of mine hasnt recieved a letter yet and was # 4500 on the list! I was wondering where abouts the cut off point is for the waiting list people, and from what I can see everyone has been given davin tickets so far, has anyone got tickets for hogan, cusack?

• Advertisement

The FAI confirmed that everyone on the waiting list was accommodated with their requests.

I myself, being on the block booking will be in the cusack lower.

Oh right! I didnt see where they confirmed that! I did hear that they announced that the had issued 12000 tickets to those on the block booking scheme but I reckoned that the 12000 was the total amount of tickets i.e (3000x4) tickets each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah we were on the waitlist and got confirmed. Dunno what number we were as one of the mates did it. In the Davin Lower.

Got two for upper hogan / lower canal. Refuse to pay anything more than 50euro.

bucks73 wrote:
    Yeah we were on the waitlist and got confirmed. Dunno what number we were as one of the mates did it. In the Davin Lower.
    Same hear. On the waiting list for 2 seats the last few years, asked for 5 tickets and got all 5. Lower Davin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

If anyone is so disgusted by Irelands performance that they feel the need to give up their ticket for the Wales game, i will do them a favour and take it off their hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Block booked Asked for 4 got 4 for the Lower Davin:D
    although for a few minutes last night it was:(

Anybody recieve letters today about ticket allocations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

Got my letter there yesterday was just under 1600 on the BB waiting list. Put in for 6 tickets for the cusack/hogan upper to be sure i would not be getting wet but got 6 in the lower davin hopefully a bit back from the front. Anything from row EE back in the lower stand is under the shelter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Who the **** wants the North Terrace? Sit out in the pissing rain ;) It is the ideal spot for away fans.

Looking forward to giving my inspirational FAI banners a bigday out in Croker.

I reckon the hill will be miles away from the pitch as well if the rugby posts are anything to go by... see attachment.

I reckon the hill will be miles away from the pitch as well if the rugby posts are anything to go by... see attachment.

Thats not the location where they will be. If you look in today Irish Times you'll see the rugby posts in their correct position an equal distance from the Canal and Hill.

That can't be right. Can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

does anyone one have a scan of picture in todays irish times of where the posts will be?

This is the only one tht I could see from their website

Judging by the reports from yesterday God help anyone who purchased tickets for the canal. Your going to be a long way back from the action.

• Advertisement
Advertisement