Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any news of Croke Park tickets

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bluetonic wrote:
    Judging by the reports from yesterday God help anyone who purchased tickets for the canal. Your going to be a long way back from the action.

What did you hear?

Here is a post from the rugby forum with the opposite view (couldnt find any negative comments about the view from the Canal/Davin):
    Jilm wrote:
    I was in the Davin stand (canal end) ...before the match I was worried the view would be shíte ...but it was fúckin' outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What did you hear?

Didn't hear it anywhere, saw it with my own eyes. The remoteness of the crowd from the goal line takes away from the atmosphere.

Anyone in the first few row of the lower canal will be screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bluetonic wrote:
    Judging by the reports from yesterday God help anyone who purchased tickets for the canal. Your going to be a long way back from the action.
    Really? The goals actually seemed quite close to the Davin stand when watching on tv.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Didn't hear it anywhere, saw it with my own eyes.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Huh? Is that not a contradiction?

Were you actually at the match?

BaZmO* wrote:
    Huh? Is that not a contradiction?

Were you actually at the match?

A slight contradiction.

I heard the reports from various people and saw the gap when I was in the stadium on Thursday for some business.

From my own point of view I believe the canal, especially the lower front section, will offer a bad experience. Granted I've not seen 'live action' in it's current orientation.

Do you not think the views will be compromised with the pitch being a distance away?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have yet to receive my ticket allocation in the post. Beginning to get a bit worried at this stage.

Have all of you lot received your allocation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Kingp35 wrote:
    I have yet to receive my ticket allocation in the post. Beginning to get a bit worried at this stage.

Yes, and your payment should have been returned to the FAI ticket office by close of business yesterday (12th Feb)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

If anyone has a spare ticket (or two) for this match let me let,
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Where do people think the best place would be to find tickets for the match ??
    ebay prices will be be way too much i say, any other ideas, will people actually sell there tickets cos of the San Marino saga...

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:

Are you on the waiting list or the blocking booking list.

If on the block booking you should pick up the phone ASAP, it on the waiting list then you probably weren't allocated.

Bluetonic wrote:
    God help anyone who purchased tickets for the canal. Your going to be a long way back from the action.
    I think you might be right, unless of course the FAI suprise everybody by actually moving the playing area closer to the Irich fans at the Davin end rather than the away supporters at the Hill end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hi Guys

First post on the soccer forum so here goes.
    I am on the waiting list too. I rang the FAI during the week only to
    be told that I hadnt been successful in getting tickets. I was very disappointed needless to say.
    They told me that the tickets allocted are only for the 4 games this year, and that a similiar senario will be done next year.Not to sure where I stand next time around.....!
    I am still currently on the waiting list, so if people that were ahead of me dont take their allocations for the current 4 games they will be working their way up the list. (I should at this point explain that I was in the late three thousands on the list).
    They say that 12,000 tickets were allocted, but obviously that only accounts for a certain amount on the list as people were looking for different numbers of tickets. I was realistic in my request ( I thought anyway) and only asked for 3. I was told that most other people on the list were realistic too. I would like to see if people here actually asked for 10 and got 10 type of thing.
    Anyway thats what I was told.
    So if you haven't been offered them yet, most likely you wont be.( bummer I know).
    Hopefully lots of people drop out or dont take their allocations, heres hoping.

Chef

chef wrote:
    They told me that the tickets allocted are only for the 4 games this year, and that a similiar senario will be done next year.Not to sure where I stand next time around.....!
    Not sure what you mean by that, we only have 4 home games left.

BaZmO* wrote:

Presumption is that GAA Central Council will agree to Croker being used for the 2008 as Lansdowne will still be 'under construction'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Bluetonic wrote:
    Presumption is that GAA Central Council will agree to Croker being used for the 2008 as Lansdowne will still be 'under construction'.
    This is a bit off topic but anyway….

There is a meeting on this very issue on Friday with an announcement expected Saturday morning.
    The only real issue for the GAA will be getting some sort of solid date from the IRFU (and the Gov.) on when work will actually start in Lansdowne, nothing has happened yet. So it is expected that CP will be available in 2008.

Now on the issue of games and tickets, there will probably only be a max. of 3 competitive games in 2008, Sept, Oct and Nov qualifiers for WC 2010.
    So after that you are looking at frieldlies, which will probably earlier in the year, seeing as CP is unlikely to be available from May to Oct due to GAA commitments.

Would there be big demand for friendlies in early 2008 if this team continues to stumble from one disaster to another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

BaZmO* wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Bluetonic and his Holiness Benedict XVI have answered that question much better than I could have.....Thanks men.

Would there be big demand for friendlies in early 2008 if this team continues to stumble from one disaster to another?
    Croke Park wouldn't be made available for friendlies. If friendlies needed to be played they would be played away from home. Besides, the FAI have always had trouble trying to fill Lansdowne for friendlies never mind Croke Park

BaZmO* wrote:
    Croke Park wouldn't be made available for friendlies. If friendlies needed to be played they would be played away from home. Besides, the FAI have always had trouble trying to fill Lansdowne for friendlies never mind Croke Park

I was under the impression that it would not be available for friendlies as part of the 2007 agreement but may be available under future agreements.
    And seeing as there will be no competitive games from Oct ‘07 to Sept ’08, I’d expect friendlies between Jan and May to be accommodated under the new agreement.

I was under the impression that it would not be available for friendlies as part of the 2007 agreement but may be available under future agreements.
    And seeing as there will be no competitive games from Oct ‘07 to Sept ’08, I’d expect friendlies between Jan and May to be accommodated under the new agreement.
    But what's the point in negotiating for friendlies when they can just be played away from home especially considering the fact that we never fill Lansdowne at friendlies. Also, in the last few years Ireland haven't played that many friendlies away from home so they might use this as a chance to do so.

BaZmO* wrote:
    But what's the point in negotiating for friendlies when they can just be played away from home especially considering the fact that we never fill Lansdowne at friendlies. Also, in the last few years Ireland haven't played that many friendlies away from home so they might use this as a chance to do so.

No hone friendlies between August '06 and whne ever the new Lansdowne is ready, that's a long time without many home fans getting a chance to see the team

• Advertisement

No hone friendlies between August '06 and whne ever the new Lansdowne is ready, that's a long time without many home fans getting a chance to see the team
    The way they're playing that's problem not a bad thing!;)

But seriously, they will have played a bag load of competitive matches by the time it's built. I'm not saying for definite that friendly matches won't be played in CP (because I don't know) but I'd be extremely surprised if they did play any.

Advertisement