Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel Balancing Lingo

Options
  • 12-01-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Got my front wheels balanced yesterday. Asked the man if they were bad and he replied with 'well the left one was 0.25 out and the other was 0.35 out'
    What does this mean ? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That's the weight (in grammes) required to correct the imbalance.

It's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I wouldn't think it would be grammes .. 0.25 grammes would be about the weight of a feather :) More likely to be ounces, I reckon.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

weights are in grammes - Ive never seen ounces. I would imagine that he meant grammes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kbannon wrote:
    weights are in grammes - Ive never seen ounces. I would imagine that he meant grammes.
    I agree, most weights I've seen are indeed in grams, but do you have any idea how much (or rather how little) 0.25 grammes is? Maybe it's just a very old machine.

Take a look here http://www.plombco.com/polyester2.html. The weights there are available in minimum sizes of 5g or 1/4 (i.e. 0.25) oz.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had meant that it was 25 grammes not .25grammes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Cheers lads.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

how much did it cost to get done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

15 quid, tcpip, but I only got the 2 front wheels done. Not sure if that was standard charge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

.25/.35kg (250/350g), perhaps? Although I can't see those weight weighing that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Fey! wrote:
    .25/.35kg (250/350g), perhaps? Although I can't see those weight weighing that much.
    250g is way too much for wheel balance to be out by. I reckon that they were out by 25g and 35g. This would be a normal amount to be out by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement