Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for Provisional Licence?

Options
  • 12-01-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Does anyone know if you have to send you actual real passport in the post when applying for your provisional licence? I presume not since this is risky in case it gets lost!

Yet it says to send your passport on the provisional application form and I tried ringing them for 20 mins but nobody answered.

Thanks

Div

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Do you not just go to the local Garda station with the form and id and they stamp the photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

$Leon$ wrote:
    Do you not just go to the local Garda station with the form and id and they stamp the photos?
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Divinkee

Yo I sorted it out thanks for your help.

You go to your garda station, they give you a provisional licence application form which you fill in yourself.

You then post this, 2 ID photos with your signature on the back of them, a form you get from the optician saying whether or not u need glasses, the theory test result form(which you need to have passed) and a medical report(only if you are over 70) to :

Motor tax office
    Block B
    ????
    Queens Street
    Dublin 7

Then u have to wait about 10 working days for your provisional licence tyo be sent out to you presuming everything is ok.

Divinkees here, divinkees there, divinkees everwhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Divinkee

Forgot to say you also need to post 15 euros... and a copy i presume of your passport.

Advertisement