Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rapidshare.com

Options
  • 12-01-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble accessing rapidshare.com ? let me know (ntl bb)

*update* I just spotted another thread here,...others are also having the same problems with RS and other sites, RS.de works fine but RS.com just loads a blank page for days now,..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mdev

yes i have NTHELL as well and i cannot access rapidshare.com or receive images from imageavenue. its definitely an NTL problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 satanical

Im with Telewest and I have the same problem too. It works well for a while and all of a sudden, IE cant find the requested page. Any solutions, please let me know.

Regards,
    X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 silverlady

Yes I have been having problems the last few days and can't access my own stuff I have uploaded. I have a 3 month paid account and this is not good enough. They don't even reply to emails other than the automated response one.
    I too have NTL BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gblid100

Me too. Me with Telewest. Can get to rapidshare.com thu proxy but not direct.
    Problem all Monday morning. 15.01.07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dumdedum

Same here, started being blocked last week.

use of a proxy gets u past it, but have yet to find a browser proxy that allows me to use my premium account details.

its not an accident, they have blocked it and other sites completely. Well its one way to ensure you dont go above your download quota.

NTL is getting worse, it was good at the start when I just moved in, and no one else in the area had connected to NTL bb. but now!!!

just phoned magnet, gonna give them a go.

• Advertisement

I just spoke to a guy at blueyonder about the problem. He did spend some time looking into it. He said neither he nor anyone at blueyonder itself was able to access rapidshare.com and that there is certainly no list of 'blocked sites'.
    He thought that the problem was almost certainly with rapidshare itself and that I ought to take it up with them through rapidshare.de
    ***k it.
    Just sent the mail. 1626 gmt 15.01.07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dumdedum

mmm, so it inst maybe NTL, theres a surprise, as in work (though I never download) I do connect in and check at the same time, and find no problems accessing it there.

did find something on another board that works, just use https as opposed to http.

am back downloading again :-)

Clever bugger!!

Thanks dumdedum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mdev

i still maintain its an NTL problem. rapidshare.com is not the only website blocked i cannot received images from imageavenue. i spoke to an NTL technition today and he said they would try to sort it out within 48 hours. don't hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

NTL have banned rapidshare.com , because of bandwidth issues.
    Well that is their official stance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

hottstuff wrote:
    NTL have banned rapidshare.com , because of bandwidth issues.
    Well that is their official stance.

Well thats very interesting isnt it?
    You might want to prove that point before you get accused of spouting crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Hmmm, ntl banned rapidshare... How come I am downloading something from it right now...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I was using a proxy (just as fast) to access RS.com but switched back to direct connection to NTHell server & found RS.com now accessible again as of 12 noon today .
    Did you ever get the feeling that this (UPC/chorus/NTHell) operation is now running on a shoe string....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

sorry i meant to say i had heard from a friend that ntl had said that when he rang them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

I aint or never had a problem downloading from there !

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

I'm having trouble accessing rapidshare from NUI Galway, I get a 104 "Connection Refused by Peer" - Is this the Proxy in the college refusing the connection or the site itself?

It seems to work again at times maybe for 15 minutes or so, I think rapidshare themselves could be at fault.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

can we please not drag up almost a year old thread.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement