Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys..whats the nicest/most thoughtful thing a girl has ever done for you?

Options
  • 12-01-2007 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Guys... what's the most romantic or thoughtful thing a girl has ever done for you?. I'm looking for ideas, to do something cool that my bf would like. He's 21. Thanks.

As there's no 'relationships' section on the boards, I thought I'd post here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm tempted to move this to After Hours. You won't be able to respond anonymously to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

4343434 wrote:
    Guys... what's the most romantic or thoughtful thing a girl has ever done for you?. I'm looking for ideas, to do something cool that my bf would like. He's 21. Thanks.

As there's no 'relationships' section on the boards, I thought I'd post here...
    Would he appreciate you randomly buying him flowers/some little present he'd really like? My bf certainly seems to...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Swallow?

Actually I do like it when a girl puts in the effort to make a really nice meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Everyone is different but I hope this description of my 21st b'day will give you some ideas.

I'll try not to be crude but I was woken up in a very nice way (I'll leave the rest to your imagination). She cooked me a full breakfast and then gave me my presents.

They werent big or expensive things (and may seem prettying boring)but it was stuff that showed that she had been really listening to me for the past couple of months. For example at the time I needed really good markers for marking glass at work (I would regulary bitch about how the ones we had were **** and that I needed to spend a afternoon in town going around shops to find better ones).

She also tracked down a Boards of Canada album. Thing was I didnt have a clue who the band were but their music had been featured on a ad on TV at the time that I had commented that I loved and must find out how it was.

There was loads of other stuff but I've hope I've illustrated the point. Try to think back at small throw away comments that he's made and do the leg work to track the stuff down. I think the old cliche of "its the thought that counts" is really correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

bluewolf wrote:
    Would he appreciate you randomly buying him flowers/some little present he'd really like? My bf certainly seems to...
    Something thoughtful / personal ... yes. Flowers, NO, tbh ... in my case anyway. Something that ties into a hobby or interest of his that you wouldn't really share can be good ... he'll not only appreciate the gift, but that you made the effort and took an interest for his sake.

When I was about 18, a girl organised with some distant cousin of hers who was a rally driver to take me out with him on a practice run. And when it came to thanking her afterwards, with all that adrenaline and testosterone still pumping in my system ... well, let's just say it was a memorable day all round!!

Swallow?
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from PI to After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Victor wrote:
    Moved from PI to After Hours.
    Tut tut ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Steak and a blowjob day is coming up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Bought me a whiteboard for christmas, so I could write down important things because I have a ridiculously bad memory! Best present ever. The thought really does count, and now I have somewhere to keep my thoughts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, posting anon is allowed in GFPI so it makes sense as they won't have to reg. Redirect still in AH, hope the OP can still find the post...eek. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Something thoughtful / personal ... yes. Flowers, NO, tbh ... in my case anyway. Something that ties into a hobby or interest of his that you wouldn't really share can be good ... he'll not only appreciate the gift, but that you made the effort and took an interest for his sake.
    Ah well, my bf loves getting red roses so I like to surprise him now and then.
    For his bday present, I'm currently trying to get a cd of a band he loves but they don't release their cds here which is why he hasn't been able to get any yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That's a great question OP, I've always been thoughtful for the girls I've dated, and usually ended up getting some expensive cologne, which to me is a complete cop out. I couldn't care less if a present cost € 1, or € 1, 000 - it's the effort and thought that goes into it.

The most interesting things I've had done for me were the smallest. One girl I was dating had an apartment in a College Campus, and I used to stay overnight once or twice a week, she knew I loved that, so when my Birthday came along, the best present she gave me was a drawer in her closet for my things, it was very thoughtful!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Spend anytime "special services" vouchers are the gift that keep on giving ;)
    Just do em up in paint, print em out and for that extra touch, have them laminated :D

Advertisement