Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitarist seeks band members..Limerick

• 12-01-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm a guitarist ,28 with some experience playing and gigging in a few bands in
    dublin over the last few years. Looking to put a new band together in Limerick. Musical genre would be indie /alternative rock..Plan is to get a really good indie covers band together and to start gigging ASAP..Imo there's a bit of a gap in the market for a good band covering indie/alt/retro stuff, and I want to get gigging again pronto and of course cos I love the music.Who knows maybe we could try our hand at originals down the line as well.

I'm talking bands like : The Pixies, Killers, Raconteurs,White Stripes, Smiths,
    Blur, Suede, Strokes, Radiohead, REM, RATM, Janes Addiction, Nirvana, Stone Roses, Chili Peppers, mixed with Oldies like David Bowie, Iggy & The Stooges, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Velvet undergound. The Doors etc etc ...

Think the best playlist you've ever heard in termights, costelloes, whelans,
    freakscene .wherever.you get the idea.

Looking for a drummer, bassist and singer also into this stuff.
    :cool:
    Cheers,
    JMarr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Nialo,
    ...ya big lunatic..:D whats the best gig yu remember in fibbers do ya think hmm??... hahaha...ah no only messin bud...hope ya get sorted,,,,for anyone reading this..........Nialo is a dead on guy and a goood guitarist that can play dam welll weve had a great time playing with him and are always glad to see him..*except for a round where he alwayyyys skimps!*

goood luck with it amigo.............ciao'...Baggio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

One guitar set up in a cover band mightn't be such a good idea man certainly playing pixies killers radiohead etc tried it before and it sound very bare ya know? course thats the opinion anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Baggio ya mad yoke ! cheers for the support ..now get off my thread unless u want to come down here and play drums in my new band !! :OP btw drop us a pm wit the news man.

Maca - I would agree ,it def fills out the sound. but guitarists arent hard to find so thats why I'm keeping it do Drums+Bass+Vox first .. then comes the 2nd guitar ;O) so for now no six stringers need apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

singer/ guitarist into suede,smiths. Looking to get properly song writing. Know your looking for a covers band at moment but ?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Hey Ludwit..what the hey ,they're two of my favorite bands . Can you pm me your details etc and I'll get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fuith

Hey man I'm a 23 year old bassist in Tralee. This band sounds good. Send me a mail at fuith_delvasco@hotmail.com if you're interested.

Advertisement